Die Aufgaben der Einkommenspolitik im Rahmen einer keynesianischen Beschäftigungspolitik: Eine Skizze
[The tasks of incomes policy in Keynesian employment policy: a draft]
Recent Post-Keynesian proposals for an economic policy to overcome stagnation and mass unemployment also stress the necessity of incomes policy without precisely specifying the role of such a policy. Starting from the theories of distribution by Kalecki and Kaldor this paper therefore tries to draft the tasks for an incomes policy accompanying a successful employment policy. Here the utilization of the capital stock below normal is distinguished from full utilization and it is shown that incomes policiy is not only needed to avoid inflation by means of wage controls. Under certain conditions incomes policy may also help to stimulate private investment.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Layard, Richard, 1982. "Is Incomes Policy the Answer to Unemployment?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 219-239, August.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-393, December.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1985. "Profit Sharing as Macroeconomic Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 41-45, May.
- Riese, Hajo, 1981. "Theorie der Produktion und Einkommensverteilung. (With English summary.)," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 540-562.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1985. "The Simple Macroeconomics of Profit Sharing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 937-953, December.
- Arestis, Philip, 1996. "Post-Keynesian Economics: Towards Coherence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-135, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.