Creating Wealth for Shareholders: Evaluating the Performance of the Malaysia Property Companies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fatemi, Ali & Desai, Anand S. & Katz, Jeffrey P., 2003. "Wealth creation and managerial pay: MVA and EVA as determinants of executive compensation," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 159-179, July.
- Fiordelisi, Franco, 2007. "Shareholder value efficiency in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2151-2171, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carretta, Alessandro & Farina, Vincenzo & Fiordelisi, Franco & Schwizer, Paola, 2006. "Corporate culture and shareholder value in banking industry," MPRA Paper 8304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eleftherios Angelopoulos & Antonios Georgopoulos, 2015. "The Determinants of Shareholder Value in Retail Banking During Crisis Years: The Case of Greece," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 19(2), pages 109-147, June.
- Mohsen Afsharian & Anna Kryvko & Peter Reichling, 2011. "Efficiency and Its Impact on the Performance of European Commercial Banks," FEMM Working Papers 110018, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2008.
"Efficiency in banking: theory, practice, and evidence,"
08-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2008. "Efficiency in Banking: Theory, Practice, and Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 200801, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G. & Assaf, A. George & Matousek, Roman, 2015. "Dynamic technical and allocative efficiencies in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 130-139.
- Radić, Nemanja, 2015. "Shareholder value creation in Japanese banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 199-207.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Molyneux, Phil, 2010.
"Total factor productivity and shareholder returns in banking,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 241-253, October.
- Franco Fiordelisi & Phil Molyneux, 2010. "Total Factor Productivity and Shareholder Returns in Banking," Working Papers 10005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Nemanja Radić & Franco Fiordelisi & Claudia Girardone, 2012. "Efficiency and Risk-Taking in Pre-Crisis Investment Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 81-101, April.
- San-Jose, Leire & Retolaza, Jose Luis & Torres Pruñonosa, Jose, 2014. "Efficiency in Spanish banking: A multistakeholder approach analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 240-255.
- Dipasha Sharma, 2018. "Stock Market Performance and Efficiency of Banks in a Developing Economy: Evidence from the Indian Banking Sector," IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, , vol. 7(2), pages 178-193, July.
- Francesca Battaglia & Vincenzo Farina & Franco Fiordelisi & Ornella Ricci, 2010. "The efficiency of cooperative banks: the impact of environmental economic conditions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(17), pages 1363-1376.
- Otten, J.A., 2008. "Theories on executive pay. A literature overview and critical assessment," MPRA Paper 6969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tânia Cristina CHIARELLO & Caroline Sulzbach PLETSCH & Alini DA SILVA & Tarcísio Pedro DA SILVA, 2014. "Financial Performance, Intangible Assets And Value Creation Of Brazilian And Chilian Companies Of Information Technology," Revista Galega de Economía, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business., vol. 23(4), pages 73-88.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2013.
"Measuring the Performance of Banks: Theory, Practice, Evidence, and Some Policy Implications,"
Departmental Working Papers
201322, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Mester, Loretta J., 2013. "Measuring the Performance of Banks: Theory, Practice, Evidence, and Some Policy Implications," Working Papers 13-28, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2013. "Measuring the performance of banks: theory, practice, evidence, and some policy implications," Working Papers 13-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Mare, Davide Salvatore, 2013. "Probability of default and efficiency in cooperative banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 30-45.
- Manju Tripathi & Smita Kashiramka & P. K. Jain, 2018. "Flexibility in Measuring Corporate Financial Performance, EVA Versus Conventional Earnings Measures: Evidences from India and China," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer;Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 19(2), pages 123-138, June.
- Yao, Lee J. & Liu, Chunhui & Chan, Siew H., 2010. "The influence of firm specific context on realizing information technology business value in manufacturing industry," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 353-362.
- Leire San-Jose & Jose Luis Retolaza & Eric Lamarque, 2018.
"The Social Efficiency for Sustainability: European Cooperative Banking Analysis,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-21, September.
- Leire San-Jose & Jose Retolaza & Eric Lamarque, 2018. "The Social Efficiency for Sustainability: European Cooperative Banking Analysis," Post-Print hal-02536203, HAL.
- Horst Gischer & Toni Richter, 2014. "Produktivitätsmessung von Banken: die Cost Income Ratio – ein belastbares Performancemaß?," FEMM Working Papers 140008, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2018. "The Performance of Financial Institutions: Modeling, Evidence, and Some Policy Implications," Departmental Working Papers 201805, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsWealth creation; Economic Value Added; Malaysian property companies; performance; NOPAT;
All these keywords.
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.