Macroeconomic Factors and Stock Market Movement: Evidence from Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anari, Ali & Kolari, James, 2001. "Stock Prices and Inflation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 587-602, Winter.
- Paul Alagidede, 2009. "Are African Stock Markets Integrated with the Rest of the World?," The African Finance Journal, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 11(1), pages 37-53.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Lilian K., 1998. "International evidence on the stock market and aggregate economic activity," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 281-296, September.
- Robert H. DeFina, 1991. "Does inflation depress the stock market?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 3-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kwame Mireku & Kwaku Sarkodie & Kwasi Poku, 2013. "Effect of Macroeconomic Factors on Stock Prices in Ghana: A Vector Error Correction Model Approach," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(2), pages 32-43, April.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:7:y:2017:i:4:p:95-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emeka Nkoro & Aham Kelvin Uko, 2013. "A Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Model of the Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence from the Nigerian Stock Market," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(4), pages 38-51, October.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:61-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pooja Joshi & A. K. Giri, 2015. "Cointegration and Causality between Macroeconomic variables and Stock Prices: Empirical Analysis from Indian Economy," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 5(2), pages 327-345, December.
- Pooja Joshi & A K Giri, 2015. "Dynamic Relations between Macroeconomic Variables and Indian Stock Price: An Application of ARDL Bounds Testing Approach," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(10), pages 1119-1133, October.
- repec:vul:omefvu:v:8:y:2017:i:1:id:217 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-16-00712 is not listed on IDEAS
- Assefa, Tibebe A. & Mollick, André Varella, 2014. "African stock market returns and liquidity premia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 325-342.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:6:p:1004-1011 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Rafaquat Ali, 2015. "Causality Analysis of Volatility in Exchange Rate and Stock Market Prices: A Case Study of Pakistan," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(5), pages 805-815, May.
- Haruna Issahaku & Yazidu Uztarz & Paul Bata Domanban, 2013. "Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Market Returns in Ghana: Any Causal Link?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(8), pages 1044-1062, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCointegration; Innovation Accounting; Foreign Direct Investment (FDI);
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2008-10-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2008-10-28 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .