Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Ian Gale, 2003.
"Optimal Design of Research Contests,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 646-671, June.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Ian Gale, 2000. "Optimal Design of Research Contests," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1784, Econometric Society.
- O'Keeffe, Mary & Viscusi, W Kip & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1984. "Economic Contests: Comparative Reward Schemes," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 27-56, January.
- Theofanis Tsoulouhas & Charles Knoeber & Anup Agrawal, 2007.
"Contests to become CEO: incentives, selection and handicaps,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 30(2), pages 195-221, February.
- Theofanis Tsoulouhas & Charles R. Knoeber & Anup Agrawal, "undated". "Contests to Become CEO: Incentives, Selection and Handicaps," Working Paper Series 002, North Carolina State University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2004.
- Holmstrom, Bengt, 1982.
"Design of incentive schemes and the new Soviet Incentive model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 127-148.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1979. "Design of Incentive Schemes and the New Soviet Incentive Model," Discussion Papers 456, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Guasch, J Luis, 1988. "Heterogeneity, Tournaments, and Hierarchies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 867-881, August.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Barry J. Nalebuff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1983. "Prices and Incentives: Towards a General Theory of Compensation and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 21-43, Spring.
- Robert Gibbons, 1996. "Incentives and Careers in Organizations," NBER Working Papers 5705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristoffer W. Eriksen & Ola Kvaløy & Trond E. Olsen, 2011.
"Tournaments with Prize‐setting Agents,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(3), pages 729-753, September.
- Eriksen, Kristoffer W. & Kvaløy, Ola & Olsen, Trond E., 2008. "Tournaments with prize-setting agents," Discussion Papers 2008/23, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Eriksen, Kristoffer & Kvaløy, Ola & Olsen, Trond, 2008. "Tournaments with price-setting agents," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009/5, University of Stavanger.
More about this item
KeywordsTournaments; Labor Contracts;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2008-10-13 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-LAB-2008-10-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .