Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions
The paper proposes a new nonparametric prior for two–dimensional vectors of survival functions (S1, S2). The definition we introduce is based on the notion of L´evy copula and it will be used to model, in a nonparametric Bayesian framework, two–sample survival data. Such an application will yield a natural extension of the more familiar neutral to the right process of Doksum (1974) adopted for drawing inferences on single survival functions. We, then, obtain a description of the posterior distribution of (S1, S2), conditionally on possibly right–censored data. As a by–product of our analysis, we find out that the marginal distribution of a pair of observations from the two samples coincides with the Marshall–Olkin or the Weibull distribution according to specific choices of the marginal L´evy measures.
|Date of creation:||May 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via S. Felice, 5 - 27100 Pavia|
Web page: http://dipartimenti.unipv.eu/on-dip/epmq/Home.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Griffin, J.E. & Steel, M.F.J., 2006. "Order-Based Dependent Dirichlet Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 179-194, March.
- Antonio Lijoi & Igor Pruenster & Stephen G. Walker, 2008. "Posterior analysis for some classes of nonparametric models," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 05-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- David B. Dunson & Ju-Hyun Park, 2008. "Kernel stick-breaking processes," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(2), pages 307-323.
- Nieto-Barajas, Luis E. & Walker, Stephen G., 2007. "A Bayesian semi-parametric bivariate failure time model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6102-6113, August.
- Jyotirmoy Dey & R.V. Erickson & R.V. Ramamoorthi, 2003. "Some Aspects Of Neutral To Right Priors," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 71(2), pages 383-401, 08.
- Pierpaolo De Blasi & Giovanni Peccati & Igor Prünster, 2009. "Asymptotics for posterior hazards," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 122, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Walker, Stephen & Muliere, Pietro, 2003. "A bivariate Dirichlet process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-7, August.
- RodrÃguez, Abel & Dunson, David B & Gelfand, Alan E, 2008. "The Nested Dirichlet Process," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(483), pages 1131-1154.
- Kallsen, Jan & Tankov, Peter, 2006. "Characterization of dependence of multidimensional Lévy processes using Lévy copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(7), pages 1551-1572, August.
- De Iorio, Maria & Muller, Peter & Rosner, Gary L. & MacEachern, Steven N., 2004. "An ANOVA Model for Dependent Random Measures," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 205-215, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pav:wpaper:098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Bonomolo)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.