Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions
The paper proposes a new nonparametric prior for two–dimensional vectors of survival functions (S1, S2). The definition we introduce is based on the notion of L´evy copula and it will be used to model, in a nonparametric Bayesian framework, two–sample survival data. Such an application will yield a natural extension of the more familiar neutral to the right process of Doksum (1974) adopted for drawing inferences on single survival functions. We, then, obtain a description of the posterior distribution of (S1, S2), conditionally on possibly right–censored data. As a by–product of our analysis, we find out that the marginal distribution of a pair of observations from the two samples coincides with the Marshall–Olkin or the Weibull distribution according to specific choices of the marginal L´evy measures.
|Date of creation:||May 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via S. Felice, 5 - 27100 Pavia|
Web page: http://dipartimenti.unipv.eu/on-dip/epmq/Home.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David B. Dunson & Ju-Hyun Park, 2008. "Kernel stick-breaking processes," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(2), pages 307-323.
- De Iorio, Maria & Muller, Peter & Rosner, Gary L. & MacEachern, Steven N., 2004. "An ANOVA Model for Dependent Random Measures," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 205-215, January.
- Kallsen, Jan & Tankov, Peter, 2006. "Characterization of dependence of multidimensional Lévy processes using Lévy copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(7), pages 1551-1572, August.
- Griffin, J.E. & Steel, M.F.J., 2006. "Order-Based Dependent Dirichlet Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 179-194, March.
- Walker, Stephen & Muliere, Pietro, 2003. "A bivariate Dirichlet process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-7, August.
- Pierpaolo De Blasi & Giovanni Peccati & Igor Prünster, 2009. "Asymptotics for posterior hazards," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 122, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Antonio Lijoi & Igor Pruenster & Stephen G. Walker, 2008. "Posterior analysis for some classes of nonparametric models," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 05-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- RodrÃguez, Abel & Dunson, David B & Gelfand, Alan E, 2008. "The Nested Dirichlet Process," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(483), pages 1131-1154.
- Nieto-Barajas, Luis E. & Walker, Stephen G., 2007. "A Bayesian semi-parametric bivariate failure time model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6102-6113, August.
- Jyotirmoy Dey & R.V. Erickson & R.V. Ramamoorthi, 2003. "Some Aspects Of Neutral To Right Priors," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 71(2), pages 383-401, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pav:wpaper:098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Bonomolo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.