Distribution Sensitive Multidimensional Development Indices
This paper provides an elementary characterization of a family of multi-dimensional development indices that allows introducing distributive considerations. It consists of the generalized mean of the egalitarian equivalent values of the different dimensions. The key property that defines that family of indices is that of separability.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 34 954 34 8913
Fax: + 34 954 34 9339
Web page: http://www.upo.es/econ/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Satya R. Chakravarty, 2003. "A Generalized Human Development Index," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 99-114, February.
- James Foster & Luis Lopez-Calva & Miguel Szekely, 2005. "Measuring the Distribution of Human Development: methodology and an application to Mexico," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 5-25.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- Sagar, Ambuj D. & Najam, Adil, 1998. "The human development index: a critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Carmen Herrero & Ricardo Martínez & Antonio Villar, 2010. "Multidimensional Social Evaluation: An Application To The Measurement Of Human Development," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(3), pages 483-497, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpaper:09.14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.