Supply Chain Coordination Model with Retailer fs Risk Attitudes
One of the major concerns in supply chain management is the coordination among various members of a supply chain comprising suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and retailers. We consider a newsvendor model in a two level supply chain with one supplier and one retailer. In this model, the retailer must order the item from the supplier prior to the selling season. Due to the short selling season and long replenishment lead time, the retailer is unable to reorder the item by using actual sales data generated from the early part of the season. The purpose of this paper is to discuss the e ect of the attitudes toward risk of the members on the coordination in a supply chain. Using the risk averse utility functions, we show that, the risk averse retailer's optimal order quantity is less than or equal to that of a risk neutral one, when the goodwill penalty cost is ignored. We also explore the relationship between the retailer's order quantity and the risk aversion function in a special case.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.econ.osaka-u.ac.jp/library/global/e_HP/e_g_shiryo.html|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bose, Indranil & Anand, Paul, 2007. "On returns policies with exogenous price," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(3), pages 782-788, May.
- Keren, Baruch & Pliskin, Joseph S., 2006. "A benchmark solution for the risk-averse newsvendor problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(3), pages 1643-1650, November.
- Yao, Z. & Leung, Stephen C.H. & Lai, K.K., 2008. "Analysis of the impact of price-sensitivity factors on the returns policy in coordinating supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 275-282, May.
- Barry Alan Pasternack, 1985. "Optimal Pricing and Return Policies for Perishable Commodities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 166-176.
- Yao, Z. & Leung, Stephen C.H. & Lai, K.K., 2008. "Manufacturer's revenue-sharing contract and retail competition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 637-651, April.
- Li, Jianli & Liu, Liwen, 2006. "Supply chain coordination with quantity discount policy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 89-98, May.
- Yue, Xiaohang & Raghunathan, Srinivasan, 2007. "The impacts of the full returns policy on a supply chain with information asymmetry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(2), pages 630-647, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:0803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.