Revisiting Political Budget Cycles in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sebastián Nieto-Parra & Javier Santiso, 2010. "Revisiting Political Budget Cycles in Latin America," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Berglof & Yevgeniya Korniyenko & Alexander Plekhanov & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2010. "Understanding the Crisis in Emerging Europe," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(6), pages 985-1008, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Dubois, 2016. "Political business cycles 40 years after Nordhaus," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 166(1), pages 235-259, January.
- Patrick Carvalho, 2016. "Banking on Democracy: Financial Markets and Elections in Emerging Countries , by Javier Santiso ( MIT Press , Cambridge, MA , 2013 ), pp. xxxi + 317 ," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 92(297), pages 320-322, June.
- Antoine CAZALS & Pierre MANDON, 2016. "Political Budget Cycles: Manipulation from Leaders or Manipulation from Researchers? Evidence from a Meta-Regression Analysis," Working Papers 201609, CERDI.
- Bassett, Lucy & Giannozzi, Sara & Pop, Lucian & Ringold, Dena, 2012. "Rules, roles, and controls : governance in social protection with an application to social assistance," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 67612, The World Bank.
- Antoine Cazals & Pierre Mandon, 2016. "Political Budget Cycles: Manipulation from Leaders or Manipulation from Researchers? Evidence from a Meta-Regression Analysis," Working Papers halshs-01320586, HAL.
- Eric Dubois, 2016. "Political Business Cycles 40 Years after Nordhaus," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01291401, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsAmérique latine; candidats en exercice; cycle politique et budgétaire; elections; incumbent candidates; Latin America; political budget cycle; élections;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-09-05 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2009-09-05 (Central & South America)
- NEP-POL-2009-09-05 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:devaaa:281-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dcoecfr.html .