Global Value Chains and New Thinking on Trade and Industrial Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuqing Xing, 2014. "China's High-Tech Exports: The Myth and Reality," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 13(1), pages 109-123, Winter.
- Yuqing Xing & Neal Detert, 2010. "How iPhone Widens the US Trade Deficits with the PRC?," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-21, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Rudolfs Bems & Robert C. Johnson, 2012. "Value-Added Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 18498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yuqing Xing, 2016.
"Global Value Chains and China's Exports to High-income Countries,"
International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 191-203, June.
- Yuqing Xing, 2015. "Global Value Chains and China's Exports to High Income Countries," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-06, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Zhao, Yuhuan & Liu, Ya & Qiao, Xiaoyong & Wang, Song & Zhang, Zhonghua & Zhang, Yongfeng & Li, Hao, 2018. "Tracing value added in gross exports of China: Comparison with the USA, Japan, Korea, and India based on generalized LMDI," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 24-44.
- Xiao Jiang & William Milberg, 2012. "Vertical specialization and industrial upgrading: a preliminary note," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2012-10, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Xiao, Yangao & Tylecote, Andrew & Liu, Jiajia, 2013. "Why not greater catch-up by Chinese firms? The impact of IPR, corporate governance and technology intensity on late-comer strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 749-764.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Giovanni Marin & Elena Paglialunga, 2016. "Eco-innovation, sustainable supply chains and environmental performance in European industries," LEM Papers Series 2016/19, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Epede, Mesumbe Bianca & Wang, Daoping, 2022. "Global value chain linkages: An integrative review of the opportunities and challenges for SMEs in developing countries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5).
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Wei ZHAO & Rigas ARVANITIS, 2008. "L’INeGAL DeVELOPPEMENT INDUSTRIEL DE LA CHINE : CAPACITeS D’INNOVATION ET COEXISTENCE DE DIFFeRENTS MODES D’APPRENTISSAGE TECHNOLOGIQUE," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 61-85.
- Benkovskis, Konstantins & Wörz, Julia, 2013. "What drives the market share changes? Price versus non-price factors," BOFIT Discussion Papers 18/2013, Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT).
- Mulvaney, Dustin & Krupnik, Timothy J., 2014. "Zero-tolerance for genetic pollution: Rice farming, pharm rice, and the risks of coexistence in California," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 125-131.
- Christel Lane & Jocelyn Probert, 2004. "Between The Global And The Local: A Comparison Of The British And German Clothing Industry," Working Papers wp283, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Thorpe, Andy & Bennett, Elizabeth, 2004. "Market-Driven International Fish Supply Chains: The Case of Nile Perch from Africa's Lake Victoria," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Alessia Amighini, 2003. "The effect of globalisation on industrial districts in Italy: evidence from the footwear sector," ERSA conference papers ersa03p500, European Regional Science Association.
- Freddy Cepeda-Lopez & Fredy Gamboa-Estrada & Carlos León & Hernán Rincón-Castro, 2019. "Colombian liberalization and integration to world trade markets: Much ado about nothing," Borradores de Economia 1065, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Meenu Tewari & C. Veeramani, 2016. "Network Trade and Development: What Do Patterns of Vertically Specialized Trade in ASEAN Tell Us About India’s Place in Asian Production Networks?," Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 349-388, June.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Raveen Ekanayake, 2014. "Repositioning in the Global Apparel Value Chain in the Post-MFA Era: Strategic Issues and Evidence from Sri Lanka," Departmental Working Papers 2014-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Mercedes Campi & Marco Due~nas & Le Li & Huabin Wu, 2018.
"Diversification, economies of scope, and exports growth of Chinese firms,"
1801.02681, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
- Mercedes Campi & Marco Dueñas & Le Li & Huabin Wu, 2021. "Diversification, economies of scope, and exports growth of Chinese firms," Working Papers 65, Red Nacional de Investigadores en Economía (RedNIE).
- Gideon Ndubuisi & Solomon Owusu, 2021.
"How important is GVC participation to export upgrading?,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(10), pages 2887-2908, October.
- Ndubuisi, Gideon & Owusu, Solomon, 2020. "How important is GVC participation to export upgrading," MERIT Working Papers 2020-026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Nicholas A. Phelps & Andrew Wood, 2018. "Promoting the global economy: The uneven development of the location consulting industry," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 50(6), pages 1336-1354, September.
- Hamilton-Hart, Natasha & Stringer, Christina, 2016. "Upgrading and exploitation in the fishing industry: Contributions of value chain analysis," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 166-171.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2016-07-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HME-2016-07-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-INT-2016-07-09 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ngi:dpaper:16-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gripsjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gripsjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.