The Twin Endogeneities Hypothesis: A Theory of Central Bank Evolution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Davidson, 1991. "Is Probability Theory Relevant for Uncertainty? A Post Keynesian Perspective," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 129-143, Winter.
- Hamouda, Omar F & Harcourt, G C, 1988. "Post Keynesianism: From Criticism to Coherence?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Charles Goodhart, 1988. "The Evolution of Central Banks," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570734.
- Kari Polanyi-Levitt, 2012. "The Power of Ideas: Keynes, Hayek, and Polanyi," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 5-15.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alberto Giovannini, 1990. "European Monetary Reform: Progress and Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(2), pages 217-292.
- Edward J. Green & Richard M. Todd, 2001. "Thoughts on the Fed's role in the payment system," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 25(Win), pages 12-27.
- Hiroshi Fujiki & Edward J. Green & Akira Yamazaki, 1999. "Sharing the risk of settlement failure," Working Papers 594, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Josh Ryan-Collins, 2015. "Is Monetary Financing Inflationary? A Case Study of the Canadian Economy, 1935-75," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_848, Levy Economics Institute.
- Roos, Michael W. M., 2015. "The macroeconomics of radical uncertainty," Ruhr Economic Papers 592, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Andrianova, Svetlana & Demetriades, Panicos & Xu, Chenggang, 2011.
"Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 686-699, May.
- Svetlana Andrianova & Panicos Demetriades & Chenggang Xu, 2008. "Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia," Discussion Papers in Economics 08/1, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Svetlana Andrianova & Panicaos Demetriades & Chenggang Xu, 2008. "Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia," WEF Working Papers 0034, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Svetlana Andrianova & Panicos Demetriades & Chenggang Xu, 2008. "Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Philipp Bagus & David Howden, 2016.
"The economic and legal significance of “full” deposit availability,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 243-254, February.
- Bagus, Philipp & Howden, David, 2016. "The Economic and Legal Significance of “Full” Deposit Availability," MPRA Paper 79804, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MARTÍNEZ-RUIZ, Elena & NOGUES-MARCO, Pilar, 2018. "The Political Economy of Exchange Rate Stability During the Gold Standard. Spain 1874—1914," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-75, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Winkler, Adalbert, 2013. "Der lender of last resort vor Gericht," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 206, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Seok Gil Park, 2009. "Quasi-Fiscal Policies of Independent Central Banks and Inflation," CAEPR Working Papers 2009-020, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Hautcoeur, Pierre-Cyrille & Riva, Angelo & White, Eugene N., 2014.
"Floating a “lifeboat”: The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 104-119.
- Eugene White & Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva, 2014. "Floating A “Lifeboat”: The Banque De France And The Crisis Of 1889," Departmental Working Papers 201405, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Floating a "Lifeboat": The Banque de France and the Crisis of 1889," NBER Working Papers 20083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Floating a "lifeboat": The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01053389, HAL.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Floating a "lifeboat": The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-01053389, HAL.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Floating a "lifeboat": The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889," Post-Print halshs-01053389, HAL.
- Bryan Caplan & Edward Stringham, 2003. "Networks, Law, and the Paradox of Cooperation," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 309-326, December.
- Sebastiaan Pool, 2018. "Mortgage debt and shadow banks," DNB Working Papers 588, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- John Hatch & Colin Rogers, 1997. "Distinguished Fellow of the Economic Society of Australia, 1996: Professor Emeritus Geoff Harcourt," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 73(221), pages 97-100, June.
- Daniele Tavani & Luke Petach, 0. "Firm beliefs and long-run demand effects in a labor-constrained model of growth and distribution," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-25.
- Nicolas Himounet, 2021. "Searching for the Nature of Uncertainty: Macroeconomic VS Financial," Working Papers 2021.05, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Davidson, Paul, 2000. "Is a Plumber or a New Financial Architect Needed to End Global International Liquidity Problems?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1117-1131, June.
- CHOI, Jay Pil & FURUSAWA, Taiji & ISHIKAWA, Jota, 2018.
"Transfer Pricing and the Arm's Length Principle under Imperfect Competition,"
Discussion paper series
HIAS-E-73, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jay Pil Choi & Taiji Furusawa & Jota Ishikawa, 2018. "Transfer Pricing and the Arm's Length Principle under Imperfect Competition," CESifo Working Paper Series 7303, CESifo.
- Jorg Bibow, 2015.
"The Euro's Savior? Assessing the ECB's Crisis Management Performance and Potential for Crisis Resolution,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_845, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jörg Bibow, 2015. "The euro's savior? Assessing the ECB's crisis management performance and potential for crisis resolution," IMK Studies 42-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Juan Hernández Andreu & Guido Tortorella Expósito, 2014. "Incertidumbre, ciclo económico y crisis según el enfoque continuista del pensamiento keynesiano [Uncertainty, economic cycles and economic crises according to the continuism approach of Keynesian t," Iberian Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Dpto. Historia e Instituciones Económicas I., vol. 1(1), pages 44-72, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEndogeneity; evolution; money; institutions; central banking;
All these keywords.
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Modern Monetary Theory;
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2021-03-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2021-03-01 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2021-03-01 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2021-03-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2021-03-01 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2021-03-01 (Operations Research)
- NEP-PAY-2021-03-01 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PKE-2021-03-01 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:new:wpaper:2102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/denewus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mark Setterfield (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/denewus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.