It's Fourth Down and What Does the Bellman Equation Say? A Dynamic Programming Analysis of Football Strategy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Walker & John Wooders, 2001. "Minimax Play at Wimbledon," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1521-1538, December.
- McCormick, Robert E & Tollison, Robert D, 1984. "Crime on the Court," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 223-235, April.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Bognanno, Michael L, 1990. "Do Tournaments Have Incentive Effects?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1307-1324, December.
- Clark Nardinelli & Curtis Simon, 1990. "Customer Racial Discrimination in the Market for Memorabilia: The Case of Baseball," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 575-595.
- Gwartney, James & Haworth, Charles, 1974. "Employer Costs and Discrimination: The Case of Baseball," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 873-881, July/Aug..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Zitzewitz, 2006.
"Nationalism in Winter Sports Judging and Its Lessons for Organizational Decision Making,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 67-99, March.
- Zitzewitz, Eric, 2002. "Nationalism in Winter Sports Judging and Its Lessons for Organizational Decision Making," Research Papers 1796, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Bhaskar, V, 2004.
"Rational Adversaries? Evidence from Randomized Trials in the Game of Cricket,"
Economics Discussion Papers
8875, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- V. Bhaskar, 2004. "Rational Adversaries? Evidence from Randomized Trials in the Game of Cricket," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000163, David K. Levine.
- Michael Carter & Graeme Guthrie, 2002. "Cricket interruptus: Fairness and incentive in interruped cricket matches," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 02-07, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- James M. Poterba, 2005. "Steven D. Levitt: 2003 John Bates Clark Medalist," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 181-198, Summer.
More about this item
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2002-06-24 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-SPO-2002-06-24 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .