Discouraging Rivals: Managerial Rent-Seeking and Economic Inefficiencies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edlin, Aaron S & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1995. "Discouraging Rivals: Managerial Rent-Seeking and Economic Inefficiencies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1301-1312, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Zechner, Josef, 1993. "Influence Costs and Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 975-1008, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2006.
"Firm Size, Economic Situation and Influence Activities,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2391, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2006. "Firm Size, Economic Situation and Influence Activities," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 167, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2006. "Firm Size, Economic Situation and Influence Activities," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 16/2006, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Matejka, M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B., 2000. "Organizational Design and Management Accounting Change," Discussion Paper 2000-61, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines Jr., 2002. "Dividend Policy inside the Firm," NBER Working Papers 8698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wulf, Julie, 2009. "Influence and inefficiency in the internal capital market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 305-321, October.
- Stein, Jeremy C., 2003. "Agency, information and corporate investment," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 111-165, Elsevier.
- Subramaniam, Venkat & Tang, Tony T. & Yue, Heng & Zhou, Xin, 2011. "Firm structure and corporate cash holdings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 759-773, June.
- Matejka, M., 2002. "Management accounting in organizational design : Three Essays," Other publications TiSEM 05952255-000c-4215-b05b-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Inderst, Roman & Mueller, Holger M, 2006. "CEO Compensation and Strategy Inertia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5713, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chongwoo Choe & In-Uck Park, 2012.
"Information Transmission through Influence Activities,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
53-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Chongwoo Choe & In-Uck Park, 2017. "Information Transmission Through Influence Activities," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 17/692, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Jean-Étienne Palard, 2007. "Recentrage stratégique et politique de financement:le cas des firmes cotées en Europe (1987-2003)," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(3), pages 111-137, September.
- Hiroshi Osano, 2001. "Stock Options and Employees' Firm-Specific Human Capital under the Threat of Divesture and Aquisition," Working Papers 01-10, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Osano, Hiroshi, 2004. "Stock options and employees' firm-specific human capital under the threat of divestitures and acquisitions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 615-638, September.
- Allen, Jeffrey W., 1998. "Capital markets and corporate structure: the equity carve-outs of Thermo Electron," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 99-124, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.