Modest, Secure and Informed: Successful Development in Conflict Zones
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eli Berman & Joseph H. Felter & Jacob N. Shapiro & Erin Troland, 2013. "Modest, Secure, and Informed: Successful Development in Conflict Zones," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 512-517, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2011.
"World Development Report 2011
[Rapport sur le développement dans le monde 2011 : Conflits, sécurité et développement - Abrégé]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4389, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khanna, Gaurav & Zimmermann, Laura, 2017.
"Guns and butter? Fighting violence with the promise of development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 120-141.
- Khanna, Gaurav & Zimmermann, Laura V, 2015. "Guns and Butter? Fighting Violence with the Promise of Development," IZA Discussion Papers 9160, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:506-522 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miaari, Sami & Zussman, Asaf & Zussman, Noam, 2014.
"Employment restrictions and political violence in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 24-44.
- Sami Miaari & Asaf Zussman & Noam Zussman, 2012. "Employment Restrictions and Political Violence in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 59, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Eli Berman & Mitch Downey & Joseph Felter, 2016. "Expanding Governance as Development: Evidence on Child Nutrition in the Philippines," NBER Working Papers 21849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greg Adams, 2015. "Honing the proper edge: CERP and the two-sided potential of military-led development in Afghanistan," Economics of Peace and Security Journal, EPS Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 53-60, October.
- Daniel Karell, 2015. "Aid, Power, and Grievances: Lessons for War and Peace from Rural Afghanistan," Economics of Peace and Security Journal, EPS Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 43-52, October.
- Heidi Kaila & Saurabh Singhal & Divya Tuteja, 2017. "Do fences make good neighbours? Evidence from an insurgency in India," WIDER Working Paper Series 158, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Catalina Tejada & Eliana Ferrara & Henrik Kleven & Florian Blum & Oriana Bandiera & Michel Azulai, 2015. "State Effectiveness, Growth, and Development," Working Papers id:6668, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- F68 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Policy
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- N45 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Asia including Middle East
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18674. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .