Committee Jurisdiction, Congressional Behavior and Policy Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John M. de Figueiredo & Brian S. Silverman, 2002. "Academic Earmarks and the Returns to Lobbying," NBER Working Papers 9064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weingast, Barry R & Marshall, William J, 1988. "The Industrial Organization of Congress; or, Why Legislatures, Like Firms, Are Not Organized as Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 132-163, February.
- Kroszner Randall S. & Stratmann Thomas S., 2000.
"Congressional Committees as Reputation-building Mechanisms,"
Business and Politics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Kroszner, Randall S. & Stratmann, Thomas S., 2000. "Congressional Committees as Reputation-building Mechanisms," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 35-52, April.
- Balla, Steven J, 2000. "Legislative Organization and Congressional Review of Agency Regulations," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 424-448, October.
- Snyder, James M, Jr, 1992. "Long-Term Investing in Politicians; or, Give Early, Give Often," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 15-43, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:84:y:1990:i:03:p:797-820_19 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:03:p:657-671_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- McCubbins, Mathew D & Noll, Roger G & Weingast, Barry R, 1987. "Administrative Procedures as Instruments of Political Control," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 243-277, Fall.
- James M. Snyder, 1991. "On Buying Legislatures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 93-109, July.
- de Figueiredo, John M & Silverman, Brian S, 2006. "Academic Earmarks and the Returns to Lobbying," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 597-625, October.
More about this item
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .