Inheritances and the Distribution of Wealth or Whatever Happened to the Great Inheritance Boom? Results from the SCF and PSID
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2007.
"To Leave or Not to Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 74(1), pages 207-235.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2004. "To leave or not to leave: the distribution of bequest motives," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-33, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph Lupton, 2005. "To Leave or Not To Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives," NBER Working Papers 11767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laitner, John & Ohlsson, Henry, 2001.
"Bequest motives: a comparison of Sweden and the United States,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 205-236, January.
- Laitner, John & Ohlsson, Henry, 1998. "Bequest Motives: A Comparison of Sweden and the United States," Working Paper Series 1998:16, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Laitner, J. & Ohlsson, H., 1998. "Bequest Motives: a Comparison of Sweden and the United States," Papers 1998:16, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1994.
"Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 145-160, Fall.
- W. G. Gale & J. K. Scholz, "undated". "Intergenerational transfers and the accumulation of wealth," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1019-93, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1991. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Accumulation of Wealth," UCLA Economics Working Papers 624, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Brown & Scott Weisbenner, 2004. "Intergenerational Transfers and Savings Behavior," NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 181-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kessler, Denis & Masson, Andre, 1989. "Bequest and Wealth Accumulation: Are Some Pieces of the Puzzle Missing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 141-152, Summer.
- Menchik, Paul L & David, Martin, 1983. "Income Distribution, Lifetime Savings, and Bequests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 672-690, September.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias & Thomas Masterson, 2012. "Trends In American Living Standards And Inequality, 1959–2007," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(2), pages 197-232, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2015. "New Theoretical Perspectives on the Distribution of Income and Wealth among Individuals: Part I. The Wealth Residual," NBER Working Papers 21189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mathä, Thomas Y. & Porpiglia, Alessandro & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2017.
"Household wealth in the euro area: The importance of intergenerational transfers, homeownership and house price dynamics,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-12.
- MathÃ¤, Thomas Y. & Porpiglia, Alessandro & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2014. "Household wealth in the euro area: The importance of intergenerational transfers, homeownership and house price dynamics," MEA discussion paper series 201412, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Mathä, Thomas Y. & Ziegelmeyer, Michael & Porpiglia, Alessandro, 2014. "Household wealth in the euro area: the importance of intergenerational transfers, homeownership and house price dynamics," Working Paper Series 1690, European Central Bank.
- Thomas Y. Mathä & Alessandro Porpiglia & Michael Ziegelmeyer, 2014. "Household wealth in the euro area: The importance of intergenerational transfers, homeownership and house price dynamics," BCL working papers 91, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Sebastian Leitner, 2015.
"Drivers of wealth inequality in euro area countries,"
Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft
137, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Sebastian Leitner, 2016. "Drivers of Wealth Inequality in Euro-Area Countries," wiiw Working Papers 122, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Begley, Jaclene, 2017. "Legacies of homeownership: Housing wealth and bequests," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 37-50.
- Laura Bartiloro & Cristiana Rampazzi, 2015. "Financial support from the family network during the crisis," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 291, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Emilio Zagheni & Brittney Wagner, 2015. "The impact of demographic change on intergenerational transfers via bequests," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 33(18), pages 525-534, September.
- Brunner Johann K., 2014.
"Die Erbschaftsteuer – Bestandteil eines optimalen Steuersystems?,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 199-218, October.
- Johann K. Brunner, 2014. "Die Erbschaftsteuer- Bestandteil eines optimalen Steuersystems?," Economics working papers 2014-07, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Eleni Karagiannaki, 2011. "The Magnitude and Correlates of Inter-vivos Transfers in the UK," CASE Papers case151, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.