Inference on Nonstationary Time Series with Moving Mean
A semiparametric model is proposed in which a parametric filtering of a non-stationary time series, incorporating fractionally differencing with short memory correction, removes correlation but leaves a nonparametric deterministic trend. Estimates of the memory parameter and other dependence parameters are proposed, and shown to be consistent and asymptotically normally distributed with parametric rate. Unit root tests with standard asymptotics are thereby justified. Estimation of the trend function is also considered. We include a Monte Carlo study of finite-sample performance.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/depts/ebs/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/depts/ebs/pubs/wpapers/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "Local Polynomial Fitting with Long-Memory, Short-Memory and Antipersistent Errors," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 291-311, June.
- Robinson, Peter M., 2012. "Nonparametric trending regression with cross-sectional dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 4-14.
- Deo, R. S., 1997. "Nonparametric regression with long-memory errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 89-94, April.
- Roussas, George G. & Tran, Lanh T. & Ioannides, D. A., 1992. "Fixed design regression for time series: Asymptotic normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 262-291, February.
- Catalin Starica & Clive Granger, 2004.
"Non-stationarities in stock returns,"
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2013-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Grose)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.