Forecasting the Intermittent Demand for Slow-Moving Items
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ralph D. Snyder & J. Keith Ord & Adrian Beaumont, 2010. "Forecasting the Intermittent Demand for Slow-Moving Items," Working Papers 2010-003, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting, revised Mar 2011.
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Akram & Rob J Hyndman & J. Keith Ord, 2008. "Exponential smoothing and non-negative data," Working Papers 2008-003, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Snyder, Ralph D. & Ord, J. Keith & Beaumont, Adrian, 2012. "Forecasting the intermittent demand for slow-moving inventories: A modelling approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 485-496.
- Ralph Snyder & Adrian Beaumont & J. Keith Ord, 2012. "Intermittent demand forecasting for inventory control: A multi-series approach," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 15/12, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsCroston's method; Exponential smoothing; Intermittent demand; Inventory control; Prediction likelihood; State space models; Zero-inflated Poisson distribution;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2010-05-22 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2010-05-22 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2010-05-22 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2010-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang) or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .