On the survival and irreducibility assumptions for financial markets with nominal assets
We are interested in proving an equilibrium existence result in a general equilibrium model with incomplete nominal asset markets. When we relax the assumption of strict positivity of initial endowments, then, as it is the case for every general equilibrium existence problem, we need to introduce survival, and irreducibility assumptions, whose formulation is the object of this paper. The financial economy that we consider is a two period exchange economy where agents' preferences on their consumption sets may be non-ordered and do not satisfy monotonicity.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13|
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cass, David, 2006.
"Competitive equilibrium with incomplete financial markets,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4-5), pages 384-405, August.
- David Cass, 2006. "Competitive Equilibrium with Incomplete Financial Markets," PIER Working Paper Archive 06-010, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gottardi, Piero & Hens, Thorsten, 1996.
"The Survival Assumption and Existence of Competitive Equilibria When Asset Markets are Incomplete,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 313-323, November.
- Gottardi, P. & Hens, T., 1995. "The Survival Assumption and Existence of Competitive Equilibria When Asset Markets are Incomplete," Papers 202, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Werner, Jan, 1985. "Equilibrium in economies with incomplete financial markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Monique Florenzano, 2007.
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Monique Florenzano, 2008. "General equilibrium," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b04008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.