No-arbitrage equilibria with differential information : a proof of existence
On the example of a pure-exchange financial economy with two periods, incomplete nominal asset markets and differential information of the adverse selection's type, Cornet-De Boisdeffre (2002) introduced refined concepts of price, arbitrage and a so-called «no-arbitrage equilibrium», which extended to the asymmetric setting the classical concepts of the symmetric information literature. We now show a no-arbitrage equilibrium exists, for any given no-arbitrage asset price, under the same standard conditions on consumption and preferences, as the classical financial equilibrium with symmetric information.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gale, D. & Mas-Colell, A., 1975. "An equilibrium existence theorem for a general model without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 9-15, March.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C., 1976. "How to discard `free disposability' - at no cost," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 131-134, July.
- Gale, D. & Mas-Colell, A., 1979. "Corrections to an equilibrium existence theorem for a general model without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 297-298, December.
- Monique Florenzano, 2008.
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
b08005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Monique Florenzano, 2007. "General equilibrium," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00250167, HAL.
- Cornet, Bernard & De Boisdeffre, Lionel, 2002. "Arbitrage and price revelation with asymmetric information and incomplete markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 393-410, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b04035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.