Do financial markets react to Bank of England communication?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Don Bredin & Stuart Hyde & Dirk Nitzsche & Gerard O'Reilly, 2009.
"European monetary policy surprises: the aggregate and sectoral stock market response,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 156-171.
- Bredin, Don & Hyde, Stuart & O'Reilly, Gerard, 2005. "European Monetary Policy Surprises: The Aggregate and Sectoral Stock Market Response," Research Technical Papers 10/RT/05, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Helge Berger & Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher, 2011. "Monetary Policy in the Media," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(4), pages 689-709, June.
- Geraats, P. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & van der Cruijsen, C.A.B., 2006.
"Does Central Bank Transparancy Reduce Interest Rates?,"
2006-11, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Geraats, Petra M & van der Cruijsen, Carin A B, 2006. "Does Central Bank Transparency Reduce Interest Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5526, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Petra M. Geraats & Sylvester C.W. Eijffinger & Carin A.B. van der Cruijsen, 2006. "Does Central Bank Transparency Reduce Interest Rates?," DNB Working Papers 085, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher, 2009. "Explaining Monetary Policy in Press Conferences," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(2), pages 42-84, June.
- Carin van der Cruijsen & Sylvester Eijffinger, 2007.
"The economic impact of central bank transparency: a survey,"
DNB Working Papers
132, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- van der Cruijsen, C.A.B. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 2007. "The Economic Impact of Central Bank Transparency : A Survey," Discussion Paper 2007-06, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & van der Cruijsen, Carin A B, 2007. "The Economic Impact of Central Bank Transparency: A Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 6070, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adrian Cantemir CÄƒlin, 2015. "Eloquence is The Key â€“ the Impact of Monetary Policy Speeches on Exchange Rate Volatility," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 18(56), pages 3-18, June,.
- Friedrich Heinemann & Katrin Ullrich, 2007.
"Does it Pay to Watch Central Bankers’ Lips? The Information Content of ECB Wording,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(II), pages 155-185, June.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Ullrich, Katrin, 2005. "Does it Pay to Watch Central Bankers' Lips? The Information Content of ECB Wording," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-70, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Péter Gábriel & Klára Pintér, 2006. "The effect of the MNB’s communication on financial markets," MNB Working Papers 2006/9, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Chortareas, Georgios & Jitmaneeroj, Boonlert & Wood, Andrew, 2012. "Forecast rationality and monetary policy frameworks: Evidence from UK interest rate forecasts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 209-231.
- Michael Melvin & Christian Saborowski & Michael Sager & Mark P. Tayor, 2010.
"Bank of England Interest Rate Announcements and the Foreign Exchange Market,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 6(3), pages 211-247, September.
- Michael Melvin & Christian Saborowski & Michael Sager & Mark P. Taylor, 2009. "Bank of England Interest Rate Announcements and the Foreign Exchange Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 2613, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:61-88 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-05-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-05-20 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2006-05-20 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2006-05-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-05-20 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpc:wpaper:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bank of England Website). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mpcgvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.