Food Consumption Patterns and Malnourished Indian Children: Is there a Link?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maitra, Pushkar & Rammohan, Anu & Ray, Ranjan & Robitaille, Marie-Claire, 2013. "Food consumption patterns and malnourished Indian children: Is there a link?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 70-81.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaushik Basu & Annemie Maertens, 2007.
"The pattern and causes of economic growth in India,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 143-167, Summer.
- Basu, Kaushik & Maertens, Annemie, 2007. "The Pattern and Causes of Economic Growth in India," Working Papers 07-08, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Steven Block & Patrick Webb, 2009. "Up in Smoke: Tobacco Use, Expenditure on Food, and Child Malnutrition in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 1-23, October.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Lokshin, Michael & Gragnolati, Michele & Ivaschenko, Oleksiy, 2005. "Improving child nutrition outcomes in India : can the integrated child development services be more effective?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3647, The World Bank.
- Alessandro Tarozzi & Aprajit Mahajan, 2007. "Child Nutrition in India in the Nineties," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 441-486.
- Lars Osberg & Jiaping Shao & Kuan Xu, 2009.
"The growth of poor children in China 1991–2000: why food subsidies may matter,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S1), pages 89-108, April.
- Lars Osberg & Jiaping Shao & Kuan Xu, 2007. "The Growth of Poor Children in China 1991-2000: Why Food Subsidies May Matter," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive wider_nov_18_2007.pdf, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Kassouf, Ana L & Senauer, Benjamin, 1996. "Direct and Indirect Effects of Parental Education on Malnutrition among Children in Brazil: A Full Income Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 817-838, July.
- Pathak, Praveen Kumar & Singh, Abhishek, 2011. "Trends in malnutrition among children in India: Growing inequalities across different economic groups," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 576-585, August.
- Vinod Mishra & Ranjan Ray, 2009. "Dietary Diversity, Food Security and Undernourishment: The Vietnamese Evidence ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 225-247, June.
- Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan, 1995. "Human resources: Empirical modeling of household and family decisions," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 1883-2023 Elsevier.
- Eckhard Siggel, 2010. "Poverty alleviation and economic reforms in India," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 10(3), pages 247-259, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manley, James & Gitter, Seth & Slavchevska, Vanya, 2013. "How Effective are Cash Transfers at Improving Nutritional Status?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 133-155.
- Nie, Peng & Rammohan, Anu & Gwozdz, Wencke & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2016. "Developments in Undernutrition in Indian Children Under Five: A Decompositional Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 9893, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hebous, Sarah & Klonner, Stefan, 2014. "Economic Distress and Farmer Suicides in India: An Econometric Investigation," Working Papers 0565, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Balarajan, Yarlini & Reich, Michael R., 2016. "Political economy of child nutrition policy: A qualitative study of India’s Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 88-98.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; Weight-for-height; Height-for-age; calorie consumption; expenditure patterns;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-09-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-09-18 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2010-09-18 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2010-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .