Optimal Limit Methods for Computing Sensitivities of
We introduce a new approach to computing sensitivities of discontinuous integrals.The methodology is generic in that it only requires knowledge of the simulation scheme and the location of the integrand's singularities. The methodology is proven to be optimal in terms of minimizing the variance of the measure changes caused by the elimination of the discontinuities for finite bump sizes. An efficient adjoint implementation of the small bump-size limit is discussed, and the method is shown to be effective for a number of natural examples involving triggerable interest rate derivative securities.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 8344 8560
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Christian P. Fries & Mark S. Joshi, 2011. "Perturbation Stable Conditional Analytic Monte-Carlo Pricing Scheme For Auto-Callable Products," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(02), pages 197-219.
- Joshi, Mark & Yang, Chao, 2011. "Fast delta computations in the swap-rate market model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 764-775, May.
- Mark Broadie & Paul Glasserman, 1996. "Estimating Security Price Derivatives Using Simulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 269-285, February.
- Heidergott, Bernd & Vazquez-Abad, Felisa J. & Volk-Makarewicz, Warren, 2008. "Sensitivity estimation for Gaussian systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 193-207, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Muntasha Meemnun Khan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.