Optimal Limit Methods for Computing Sensitivities of
We introduce a new approach to computing sensitivities of discontinuous integrals.The methodology is generic in that it only requires knowledge of the simulation scheme and the location of the integrand's singularities. The methodology is proven to be optimal in terms of minimizing the variance of the measure changes caused by the elimination of the discontinuities for finite bump sizes. An efficient adjoint implementation of the small bump-size limit is discussed, and the method is shown to be effective for a number of natural examples involving triggerable interest rate derivative securities.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 8344 5355
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joshi, Mark & Yang, Chao, 2011. "Fast delta computations in the swap-rate market model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 764-775, May.
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Christian P. Fries & Mark S. Joshi, 2011. "Perturbation Stable Conditional Analytic Monte-Carlo Pricing Scheme For Auto-Callable Products," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(02), pages 197-219.
- Mark Broadie & Paul Glasserman, 1996. "Estimating Security Price Derivatives Using Simulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 269-285, February.
- Heidergott, Bernd & Vazquez-Abad, Felisa J. & Volk-Makarewicz, Warren, 2008. "Sensitivity estimation for Gaussian systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 193-207, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katherine Perez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.