Dynamics of service provision: service, market and place characteristics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Michael A, 1997. "Municipal Government Approaches to Service Delivery: An Analysis from a Transactions Cost Perspective," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(1), pages 82-96, January.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2009.
"Factors explaining local privatization: a meta-regression analysis,"
Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 105-119, April.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2006. "Factors explaining local privatization: A meta-regression analysis," Working Papers CREAP2006-03, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2006.
- Elbert Dijkgraaf & Raymond H J M Gradus, 2008.
"Institutional developments in the Dutch waste-collection market,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(1), pages 110-126, February.
- Elbert Dijkgraaf & Raymond H J M Gradus, 2008. "Institutional Developments in the Dutch Waste-Collection Market," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 26(1), pages 110-126, February.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1999. "Public and Private Bureaucracies: A Transaction Cost Economics Perspective," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 306-342, April.
- Germa Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2008.
"Reforming the local public sector: economics and politics in privatization of water and solid waste,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 45-65.
- Germa Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2008. "Reforming the local public sector: economics and politics in privatization of water and solid waste," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 45-65.
- Germa Bel & Anton Costas, 2006. "Do Public Sector Reforms Get Rusty? Local Privatization in Spain," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-24.
- Paul H. Jensen & Robin E. Stonecash, 2005. "Incentives and the Efficiency of Public Sector-outsourcing Contracts," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(5), pages 767-787, December.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Mildred Warner, 2009. "Civic government or market-based governance? The limits of privatization for rural local governments," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 26(1), pages 133-143, March.
- Domberger, S & Meadowcroft, S & Thompson, D J, 1986. "Competitive tendering and efficiency: the case of refuse collection," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 69-87, November.
- Domberger, Simon & Jensen, Paul, 1997. "Contracting Out by the Public Sector: Theory, Evidence, Prospects," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 67-78, Winter.
- Stefan Szymanski, 1996. "The impact of compulsory competitive tendering on refuse collection services," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 1-19, August.
- Ferris, James M & Graddy, Elizabeth, 1994. "Organizational Choices for Public Service Supply," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 126-141, April.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1988. "Privatization: An Economic Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262720116, August.
- Trevor L. Brown & Matthew Potoski, 2003. "Managing contract performance: A transaction costs approach," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 275-297.
- Yolanda Kodrzycki, 1994. "Privatization of local public services: lessons for New England," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 31-46.
- Richard O. Zerbe & Howard E. McCurdy, 1999. "The failure of market failure," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 558-578.
- Jocelyn M. Johnston & Barbara S. Romzek & Curtis H. Wood, 2004. "The Challenges of Contracting and Accountability Across the Federal System: From Ambulances to Space Shuttles," Publius: The Journal of Federalism, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 155-182, Summer.
More about this item
KeywordsContracting; privatization; transaction costs; competition; citizen interest;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2010-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.