A Gini and concentration index decomposition with an application to the APK reranking measure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Achille VERNIZZI, 2009.
"Playing with the Hadamard product in decomposing Gini, concentration, redistribution and re-ranking indexes,"
Departmental Working Papers
2009-50, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Achille Vernizzi, 2009. "Playing with the Hadamard product in decomposing Gini, concentration, redistribution and re-ranking indexes," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1085, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Shujie Yao, 1999. "On the decomposition of Gini coefficients by population class and income source: a spreadsheet approach and application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(10), pages 1249-1264.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1976. "On the Interpretation and Disaggregation of Gini Coefficients," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 243-255, June.
- Dagum, Camilo, 1997. "A New Approach to the Decomposition of the Gini Income Inequality Ratio," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 515-531.
- Plotnick, Robert, 1981. "A Measure of Horizontal Inequity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(2), pages 283-288, May.
- Maria Giovanna MONTI & Alessandro SANTORO, 2009. "The Gini decomposition: an alternative formulation with an application to tax reform," Departmental Working Papers 2009-30, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Silber, Jacques, 1989. "Factor Components, Population Subgroups and the Computation of the Gini Index of Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 107-115, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauro Mussini, 2010. "On the Link between Silber and Dagum Decomposition of the Gini Index," Statistics in Transition new series, Główny Urząd Statystyczny (Polska), vol. 11(3), pages 597-614, December.
- repec:csb:stintr:v:12:y:2010:i:3:p:597-614 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInequality measure decomposition; reranking; reranking effect decomposition;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2010-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .