Sraffa’s Ricardo after Fifty Years - A Preliminary Estimate
It is the purpose of this paper to put Sraffa's Ricardo (Ricardo, 1951-73) in a historical perspective. After almost fifty years this appears to be timely on two grounds. First, as we shall have occasion to recall below, Sraffa had been singularly enshrined and made into a bloodless entity for a considerable time; only today it becomes possible to revive his image in flesh and blood and it seems proper to do so. Second the Sraffa archives at Trinity College have now been made accessible and it is expected that permission can be granted to make use of the extant documents for the purpose.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2000|
|Date of revision:||Aug 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 02 6448 3089
Fax: +39 02 6448 3085
Web page: http://dipeco.economia.unimib.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1991. "Ricardo's Work as Viewed by Later Economists," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 70-77, June.
- Porta, Pier Luigi, 1996. "Piero Sraffa and the Mill-Ricardo Papers: A Rejoinder," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 641-43, September.
- Hollander, Samuel, 1973. "Ricardo's Analysis of the Profit Rate, 1813-15," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(159), pages 260-82, August.
- Samuel Hollander, 1998. "Sraffa in historiographical perspective: a provisional statement," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 430-436.
- de Vivo, Giancarlo, 1996. "Piero Sraffa and the Mill-Ricardo Papers: A Comment," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 637-39, September.
- Heinz Kurz, 1998. "Against the current: Sraffa's unpublished manuscripts and the history of economic thought," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 437-451.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Reale)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.