Global Dynamics, Domestic Coalitions and a Reactive State: Major Policy Shifts in Post-War Turkish Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yýlmaz Akyüz, "undated". "Global Rules and Markets: Constraints over Policy Autonomy in Developing Countries," Working Papers 2007/5, Turkish Economic Association.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1974. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Turkey," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krue74-1, March.
- Yılmaz AKYÜZ, 2007. "Global rules and markets: Constraints over policy autonomy in developing countries," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 22(257), pages 5-43.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ziya Onis & Ali Burak Güven, 2010. "Global Crisis, National Responses: The Political Economy of Turkish Exceptionalism," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1013, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Caner Bakir & Ziya Onis, 2009. "The Emergence of the Regulatory State: The Political Economy of Turkish Banking Reforms in the Age of Post-Washington Consensus," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0905, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ziya Onis & Fikret Senses, 2007. "Global Dynamics, Domestic Coalitions and a Reactive State: Major Policy Shifts in Post-War Turkish Economic Development," Working Papers 2007/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- Yilmaz Akyüz, 2007. "Debt Sustainability in Emerging Markets: A Critical Appraisal," Working Papers 61, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Devashish Mitra, 2001. "Trade Liberalization, Labor Markets and Imperfect Competition," Economics Study Area Working Papers 29, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Utku Utkulu & Durmus Özdemir, 2005.
"Does Trade Liberalization Cause a Long Run Economic Growth in Turkey,"
Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 245-266, September.
- Utku Utkulu & Durmus Özdemir, 2004. "Does Trade Liberalization Cause a Long Run Economic Growth in Turkey," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 245-266, September.
- UTKULU Utku & OZDEMIR Durmus, 2010. "Does Trade Liberalization Cause a Long Run Economic Growth in Turkey?," EcoMod2003 330700147, EcoMod.
- Tariq Banuri, 1989. "Black Markets, Openness, and Central Bank Autonomy," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-1989-062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Z. Hatiboglu, 1983. "An Unconventional Approach to the Analysis of Growth in Developing Countries and its Application in Turkey," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 51(2), pages 199-206, June.
- Kemal Dervis & Sherman Robinson, 1982. "A general equilibrium analysis of the causes of a foreign exchange crisis : The case of Turkey," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 118(2), pages 259-280, June.
- Robert Lensink & Aljar Meesters, 2014. "Institutions and Bank Performance: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 76(1), pages 67-92, February.
- Mustafa Ismihan & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan & Aysit Tansel, 2002.
"Macroeconomic Instability, Capital Accumulation and Growth: The Case of Turkey 1963-1999,"
0209, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Mar 2002.
- Mustafa Ismihan & Aysit Tansel & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan, 2002. "Macroeconomic Instability, Capital Accumulation and Growth : The Case of Turkey 1963-1999," Working Papers 0205, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Mustafa Ismihan & Kivilcim Metin-Özcan & Aysit Tansel, 2002. "Macroeconomic instability, capital accumulation and growth: The case of Turkey 1963-1999," ERC Working Papers 0204, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2002.
- ISMIHAN Mustafa & METIN-OZCAN Kivilcim & TANSEL Aysit, 2010. "Macroeconomic Instability, Capital Accumulation and Growth: The Case of Turkey 1963-1999," EcoMod2003 330700071, EcoMod.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1998.
"New Activities, the Welfare Cost of Uncertainty and Investment Policies,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 97-110, April.
- Joshua Aizenman, 1996. "New Activities, the Welfare Cost of Uncertainty and Investment Policies," NBER Working Papers 5825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hasan Ersel, 2013. "Politico-Economic Development of Turkey and The Transformation of Political Islam," Working Papers 746, Economic Research Forum, revised Apr 2013.
- Kumcu, Erdogan & Harcar, Talha & Kumcu, M. Ercan, 1995. "Managerial perceptions of the adequacy of export incentive programs : Implications for export-led economic development policy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 163-174, February.
- Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances, 2006.
"Successful Transition towards a Virtuous Cycle of Human Development and Economic Growth: Country Studies,"
Center Discussion Papers
28396, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Gustav Ranis & Frances Stewart, 2006. "Successful Transition towards a Virtuous Cycle of Human Development and Economic Growth: Country Studies," Working Papers 943, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Rodgers, Yana Van der Meulen & Cooley, Jane C., 1999. "Outstanding Female Economists in the Analysis and Practice of Development Economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1397-1411, August.
- Tim Jacoby, 2003. "For the People, Of the People and By the Military: The Regime Structure of Modern Turkey," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 51(4), pages 669-685, December.
- Kazimierz Stanczak, 1992. "Devaluations and Revaluations Without Capital Mobilityand PPP," UCLA Economics Working Papers 663, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Utku UTKULU & Dilek SEYMEN & Aydin ARI, 2010. "Export Supply and Trade Reform: The Turkish Evidence," EcoMod2004 330600144, EcoMod.
- Augey Dominique, 1995. "Political Economy Of Policy Reform In Developing Countries," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 6(4), pages 1-8, December.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1995. "Partial Adjustment and Growth in the 1980s in Turkey," NBER Chapters, in: Reform, Recovery, and Growth: Latin America and the Middle East, pages 343-368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:248522 is not listed on IDEAS
- ErtuGrul Tokdemir & Gulay Gunluk-Senesen, 1997. "Does Liberalization Reduce Foreign Trade Data Discrepancies? Counterevidence from Turkey, 1970-91," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 287-302.
More about this item
KeywordsState capacity; policy transformations; crises; multilateral institutions; distributional conflicts; regulation;
All these keywords.
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- F55 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Institutional Arrangements
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:met:wpaper:0706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erol Taymaz). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ermettr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.