Interstate Differences in Insured Unemployment: Some Recent Evidence
Recent panel data is used to reconsider the determinants of interstate differences in the ratio of insured to total unemployment. We conclude that previous research on the influence of replacement rates, duration of jobless spells and female labor force participation is robust, but find that political affiliations and attitudes could be more important, and unionization rates less important, than once believed.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Tannenwald & Christopher J. O'Leary & Wei-Jang Huang, .
"New Ways of Evaluating State Unemployment Insurance,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
rtcjo1999, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Robert Tannenwald & Christopher J. O'Leary & Wei-Jang Huang, 1999. "New ways of evaluating state unemployment insurance," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 15-40.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:106:y:1991:i:4:p:1157-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Burtless, 1983. "Why Is Insured Unemployment So Low?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 14(1), pages 225-254.
- Rebecca M. Blank & David Card, 1989.
"Recent Trends in Insured and Uninsured Unemployment: Is There an Explanation?,"
NBER Working Papers
2871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca Blank & David Card & Whitney Newey, 1988. "Recent Trends in Insured and Uninsured Unemployment: Is There an Explanation?," Working Papers 623, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:112:y:1997:i:3:p:913-37 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mdl:mdlpap:0216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vijaya Wunnava)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.