The Social Cost-of-Living: Welfare Foundations and Estimation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas Crossley & Krishna Pendakur, 2006. "The social cost-of-living: welfare foundations and estimation," IFS Working Papers W06/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Krishna Pendakur, 2006. "The Social Cost-of-Living: Welfare Foundations and Estimation," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 407, McMaster University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eduardo Ley, 2005.
"Whose inflation? A characterization of the CPI plutocratic gap,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 634-646, October.
- Eduardo Ley, 2001. "Whose Inflation? A Characterization of the CPI Plutocratic Gap," Public Economics 0110001, EconWPA, revised 14 Mar 2005.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2001. "Demand Systems with and without Errors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 611-618, June.
- Banks, James & Blundell, Richard & Lewbel, Arthur, 1996.
"Tax Reform and Welfare Measurement: Do We Need Demand System Estimation?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1227-1241, September.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1994. "Tax reform and welfare measurement: do we need demand system estimation?," IFS Working Papers W94/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Pollak, Robert A., 1981. "The social cost of living index," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 311-336, June.
- Pendakur, Krishna, 2002.
"Taking prices seriously in the measurement of inequality,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 47-69, October.
- Pendakur, K., 1999. "Taking Prices Seriously in the Measurement of Inequality," Discussion Papers dp99-7, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Haerdle,Wolfgang & Stoker,Thomas, 1987. "Investigations smooth multiple regression by the method of average derivatives," Discussion Paper Serie A 107, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Michael J. Boskin, 1998. "Consumer Prices, the Consumer Price Index, and the Cost of Living," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 3-26, Winter.
- Angus Deaton, 1998. "Getting Prices Right: What Should Be Done?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 37-46, Winter.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1998. "Index Number Issues in the Consumer Price Index," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 47-58, Winter.
- Vartia, Yrjo O, 1983. "Efficient Methods of Measuring Welfare Change and Compensated Income in Terms of Ordinary Demand Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 79-98, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:63:y:2017:i:4:p:881-898 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tony Addison & Yukka Pirttilä & Finn Tarp & Carlos Felipe Balcázar & Lidia Ceriani & Sergio Olivieri & Marco Ranzani, 2017.
"Rent-Imputation for Welfare Measurement: A Review of Methodologies and Empirical Findings,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(4), pages 881-898, December.
- Balcazar, Carlos Felipe & Ceriani, Lidia & Olivieri, Sergio & Ranzani, Marco, 2014. "Rent imputation for welfare measurement : a review of methodologies and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7103, The World Bank.
- Francisco Javier Lasso, 2008.
"Impacto De Los Cambios De Precios Relativos En Pobreza Y Desigualdad En Colombia: 1998-2007,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, November.
- Francisco Javier Lasso Valderrama, 2008. "Impacto de los cambios de precios relativos en pobreza y desigualdad en Colombia: 1998-2007," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 26(57), pages 176-248, Diciembre.
- Francisco Javier Lasso Valderrama, 2008. "Impacto de los cambios de precios relativos en pobreza y desigualdad en Colombia: 1998-2007," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004723, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Francisco Javier Lasso Valderrama, 2008. "Impacto de los cambios de precios relativos en pobreza y desigualdad en Colombia: 1998-2007," Borradores de Economia 518, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation; Social cost-of-living; Demand; Average derivatives;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcm:sedapp:155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demcmca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.