Asymmetrische Besteuerung unter Ausschüttungsbeschränkungen
Besides the importance of tax accounting rules for the corporation’s tax burden, reporting conventions determine the shareholders’ personal tax payments for the dividends received. Taxation may affect investment or financing decisions under different tax accounting and financial reporting rules. There are for example different depreciation schedules or different accruals shifting the tax base over time. Further, capital formation will differ under uniform or separate reporting. Under uncertainty loss offsetting rules are very important for defining a tax base which is neutral according to investment decisions. Constraints for loss offsetting cause tax law asymmetries and may disturb investment decisions. Most tax laws set constraints for loss offsetting when abandoning an investment project. The paper shows for three different reporting conventions that the risk for tax law asymmetries is not the same under these reporting conventions at the time of abandonment.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitätsplatz 2, Gebäude W und I, 39106 Magdeburg|
Phone: (0391) 67-18 584
Fax: (0391) 67-12 120
Web page: http://www.ww.uni-magdeburg.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, March.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1986.
"The Dynamic Effects of Tax Law Asymmetries,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(2), pages 205-225.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1983. "The Dynamic Effects of Tax Law Asymmetries," NBER Working Papers 1152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1964. "Tax Deductibility of Economic Depreciation to Insure Invariant Valuations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 604-604.
- Peter Sørensen, 2005. "Neutral Taxation of Shareholder Income," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(6), pages 777-801, November.
- Fane, G., 1987. "Neutral taxation under uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 95-105, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mag:wpaper:08030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guido Henkel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.