International Evidence on the Impact of Transfers and Taxes on Alternative Poverty Indexes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert K. Triest, 1998. "Has Poverty Gotten Worse?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 97-114, Winter.
- Robert Defina & Kishor Thanawala, 2001. "The Impact of Transfers and Taxes on Alternative Poverty Indexes," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 59(4), pages 395-416.
- -, 1992. "Women in development bibliography," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 27411, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- K.K.S. Dadzie, 1992. "Trade and Development Report, 1992 An Overview," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 27(1), pages 85-94, April.
- Danziger, Sheldon & Haveman, Robert & Plotnick, Robert, 1981. "How Income Transfer Programs Affect Work, Savings, and the Income Distribution: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 975-1028, September.
- Undp, 1992. "HDR 1992 - Global Dimensions of Human Development," Human Development Report (1990 to present), Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), number hdr1992, December.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-439, December.
- Andrea Brandolini & Anthony B. Atkinson, 2001. "Promise and Pitfalls in the Use of "Secondary" Data-Sets: Income Inequality in OECD Countries As a Case Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 771-799, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heikki Hiilamo & Reijo Sund & Seppo Sallila, 2004. "Rethinking the Measures of Poverty," LIS Working papers 368, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Hamid Abrishami & Mohsen Mehrara & Ali Sadeghein, 2010. "Assessment of the Role of Inequality and Income Distribution Factors in the Third Economic Development Plan (with Emphasis on Direct Taxes)," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 15(2), pages 105-123, spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lis:liswps:325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piotr Paradowski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lisprlu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.