Consistent estimation for the full-fledged fixed effects zero-inflated Poisson model
This paper advocates the transformations used for the consistent estimation of the full-fledged fixed effects zero-inflated Poisson model whose zero outcomes can arise from both of logit and Poisson parts and which equips both parts with the fixed effects. The valid moment conditions are constructed on the basis of the transformations. The finite sample behaviors of GMM and EL estimators employing the moment conditions are investigated by use of Monte Carlo experiments.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-3-1 Matsukadai, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, 813-8503|
Web page: http://www.ip.kyusan-u.ac.jp/keizai/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zeileis, Achim & Kleiber, Christian & Jackman, Simon, 2008. "Regression Models for Count Data in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i08).
- Whitney K. Newey & Richard J. Smith, 2004.
"Higher Order Properties of Gmm and Generalized Empirical Likelihood Estimators,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 219-255, 01.
- Whitney Newey & Richard Smith, 2003. "Higher order properties of GMM and generalised empirical likelihood estimators," CeMMAP working papers CWP04/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Durham, Catherine A. & Pardoe, Iain & Vega-H, Esteban, 2004. "A Methodology for Evaluating How Product Characteristics Impact Choice in Retail Settings with Many Zero Observations: An Application to Restaurant Wine Purchase," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Sheng-Pin Hsueh & Wei-Ming Lee, 2012. "A revisit to the relationship between patents and R&D using empirical likelihood estimation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1208-1214.
- Stanislav Anatolyev, 2005. "GMM, GEL, Serial Correlation, and Asymptotic Bias," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 983-1002, 05.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1997. "Multiplicative Panel Data Models Without the Strict Exogeneity Assumption," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(05), pages 667-678, October.
- Ramalho Joaquim J.S., 2005. "Small Sample Bias of Alternative Estimation Methods for Moment Condition Models: Monte Carlo Evidence for Covariance Structures," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyu:dpaper:66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yoshitsugu Kitazawa)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.