Buhlmann’s Economic Premium Principle in The Presence of Transaction Costs
This paper examines the B¨uhlmann’s equilibrium pricing model (1980) in the presence of transaction cost and derives the (multivariate) Esscher transform within the framework under some assumptions. The result reveals that the Esscher transform is an appropriate probability transform for the pricing of insurance risks even in the market with transaction costs.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501|
Web page: http://www.kier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kijima, Masaaki & Muromachi, Yukio, 2008. "An extension of the Wang transform derived from Bühlmann's economic premium principle for insurance risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 887-896, June.
- Kijima, Masaaki, 2006. "A Multivariate Extension of Equilibrium Pricing Transforms: The Multivariate Esscher and Wang Transforms for Pricing Financial and Insurance Risks," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 269-283, May.
- Hojgaard, Bjarne & Taksar, Michael, 1998. "Optimal proportional reinsurance policies for diffusion models with transaction costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 41-51, May.
- Wang, Shaun S., 2002. "A Universal Framework for Pricing Financial and Insurance Risks," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(02), pages 213-234, November.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Knut K. Aase, 2002. "Equilibrium Pricing in the Presence of Cumulative Dividends Following a Diffusion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 173-198.
- He, Lin & Liang, Zongxia, 2009. "Optimal financing and dividend control of the insurance company with fixed and proportional transaction costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 88-94, February.
- Aase, Knut K., 1993. "Equilibrium in a Reinsurance Syndicate; Existence, Uniqueness and Characterization," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 185-211, November.
- Chiaki Hara, 2013. "Asset Prices, Trading Volumes, and Investor Welfare in Markets with Transaction Costs," KIER Working Papers 862, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Tsanakas, Andreas & Christofides, Nicos, 2006. "Risk Exchange with Distorted Probabilities," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 219-243, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyo:wpaper:893. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.