Myanmar's apparel industry in the new international environment : prospects and challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kudo, Toshihiro, 2005. "The Impact of United States Sanctions on the Myanmar Garment Industry," IDE Discussion Papers 42, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Koji Kubo, 2013.
"Real exchange rate appreciation, resource boom, and policy reform in Myanmar,"
Asian-Pacific Economic Literature,
Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 27(1), pages 110-126, May.
- Kubo, Koji, 2012. "Real exchange rate appreciation, resource boom, and policy reform in Myanmar," IDE Discussion Papers 358, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Fukunishi, Takahiro & Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2013. "Slow and steady wins the race : how the garment industry leads industrialization in low-income countries," IDE Discussion Papers 412, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
KeywordsMyanmar; Apparel industry; Myanmar (Burma); Apparel; International market; Export; Sanctions; Economic growth;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- J39 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Other
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2013-10-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-SEA-2013-10-18 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.