Knowledge, Profitability and Exit of German Car Manufacturing Firms
In this paper the profitability of German car manufacturing firms is related to different indicators for the knowledge incorporated in the firms since the birth of the industry in 1886. The analysis is performed with an ordered probit model, where information about the kind of exit of the firms is exploited to construct a latent profitability variable. Knowledge is represented by the number of patents, learning-by-doing and entrepreneurial experience before entry. The results show that knowledge is significantly positively related to firm profitability and that each of the three knowledge forms exerts an independent effect.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||20 May 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-jena.de/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis González & Werner Güth, 2008.
"Bribery and public procurement: an experimental study,"
Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 103-117, October.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis G. Gonzalez & Werner Güth, 2006. "Bribery and Public Procurement - An Experimental Study," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 06/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis G. Gonzalez & Werner Güth, 2006. "Bribery and Public Procurement - An Experimental Study -," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Uwe Cantner & Jens Kruger & Kristina von Rhein, 2011. "Knowledge compensation in the German automobile industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(22), pages 2941-2951.
- Uwe Cantner & Kristina Dreßler & Jens J. Krüger, 2005. "Knowledge Compensation in the German Automobile Industry," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 11/2005, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2006. "Die ökonomischen Eigenschaften von Software," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 14/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jen:jenasw:2006-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.