The Economics of Risky Health Behaviors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
More about this item
Keywordsincome; health behaviors; alcohol; tobacco; smoking; drugs; obesity; diet; food; physical activity; public health; public policy; taxation; subsidies; addiction; externalities; advertising; information; behavioral economics; neuroeconomics; human capital; education; prices; sex; time preference; peers; bounded rationality; medical costs; employment; wages; crime; hyperbolic discounting;
All these keywords.
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D87 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Neuroeconomics
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2011-05-30 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/izaaade.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Holger Hinte (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/izaaade.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.