Equality of Opportunity and Redistribution in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. List, 2007. "On the Interpretation of Giving in Dictator Games," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 482-493.
- Todd L. Cherry & Peter Frykblom & Jason F. Shogren, 2002. "Hardnose the Dictator," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1218-1221.
- Abbink, Klaus & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Renner, Elke, 2000. "The moonlighting game: An experimental study on reciprocity and retribution," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 265-277, June.
- Hoffman, Elizabeth & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon L, 1996. "Social Distance and Other-Regarding Behavior in Dictator Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 653-660, June.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Edward Lazear & Ulrike Malmendier & Roberto Weber, 2006. "Sorting, Prices, and Social Preferences," NBER Working Papers 12041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Bardsley, 2008. "Dictator game giving: altruism or artefact?," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 11(2), pages 122-133, June.
- Jason Dana & Roberto Weber & Jason Kuang, 2007. "Exploiting moral wiggle room: experiments demonstrating an illusory preference for fairness," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 33(1), pages 67-80, October.
- Berg Joyce & Dickhaut John & McCabe Kevin, 1995. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 122-142, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Judith Niehues & Andreas Peichl, 2014. "Upper bounds of inequality of opportunity: theory and evidence for Germany and the US," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 43(1), pages 73-99, June.
- Judith Niehues & Andreas Peichl, 2011.
"Lower and Upper Bounds of Unfair Inequality: Theory and Evidence for Germany and the US,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
395, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Judith Niehues & Andreas Peichl, 2011. "Lower and upper bounds of unfair inequality: Theory and evidence for Germany and the US," Working Papers 216, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Niehues, Judith & Peichl, Andreas, 2011. "Lower and Upper Bounds of Unfair Inequality: Theory and Evidence for Germany and the US," IZA Discussion Papers 5834, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luis Fernando Gamboa & Erika Londoño, 2015.
"Assessing Educational Unfair Inequalities at a Regional Level in Colombia,"
Lecturas de Economía,
Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, pages 97-133.
- Gamboa, Luis & Londoño, Erika, 2014. "Assessing educational unfair inequalities at a regional level in Colombia," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, issue 83, pages 97-133, September.
- Luis Fernando Gamboa & Erika Londoño, 2014. "Equality of educational opportunities in Colombia: A metropolitan area comparison," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 011040, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- L. Arrondel & M. Roger & F. Savignac, 2014.
"Wealth and Income in the Euro Area: Heterogeneity in Households’ Behaviours?,"
497, Banque de France.
- Roger, Muriel & Arrondel, Luc & Savignac, Frédérique, 2014. "Wealth and income in the euro area: Heterogeneity in households' behaviours?," Working Paper Series 1709, European Central Bank.
- Fabio Waltenberg & Marcia De Carvalho & Luis Fernando Gamboa, 2016. "Measuring Inequality Of Opportunity In Education By Combining Information On Coverage And Achievement In Pisa," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 218, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Michal Brzezinski, 2015.
"Inequality of opportunity in Europe before and after the Great Recession,"
353, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2015. "Inequality of opportunity in Europe before and after the Great Recession," Working Papers 2015-02, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Márcia de Carvalho & Luis Fernando Gamboa & Fábio D. Waltenberg, 2012.
"Equality of Educational Ppportunity Employing PISA Data: Taking both Achievement and Access into Account,"
277, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Márcia de Carvalho & Luis Fernando Gamboa & Fábio D. Waltenberg, 2012. "Equality of educational opportunity employing PISA data: taking both achievement and access into account," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 010239, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Luongo Patrizia, 2015. "Inequality of Opportunity in Educational Achievements: Cross-country and Intertemporal Comparisons," WIDER Working Paper Series 043, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Judith Niehues & Andreas Peichl, 2012. "Bounds of Unfair Inequality of Opportunity: Theory and Evidence for Germany and the US," CESifo Working Paper Series 3815, CESifo Group Munich.
- Niehues, J. (Judith) & Andreas Peichl, 2012. "GINI DP 34: Bounds of Unfair Inequality of Opportunity: Theory and Evidence for Germany and the US," GINI Discussion Papers 34, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsredistribution; equality of opportunity; inequality;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .