Smooth Income Tax Schedules: Derivation and Consequences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Diamond & Emmanuel Saez, 2011.
"The Case for a Progressive Tax: From Basic Research to Policy Recommendations,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 165-190, Fall.
- Peter A. Diamond & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "The Case for a Progressive Tax: From Basic Research to Policy Recommendations," CESifo Working Paper Series 3548, CESifo Group Munich.
- Holly Sutherland & Ruth Hancock & John Hills & Francesca Zantomio, 2008.
"Keeping up or Falling behind? The Impact of Benefit and Tax Uprating on Incomes and Poverty,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 29(4), pages 467-498, December.
- Sutherland, Holly & Hancock, Ruth & Hills, John & Zantomio, Francesca, 2008. "Keeping up or falling behind? The impact of benefit and tax uprating on incomes and poverty," ISER Working Paper Series 2008-18, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Emmanuel Saez, 2010. "Do Taxpayers Bunch at Kink Points?," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 180-212, August.
- Herwig Immervoll, 2005. "Falling Up The Stairs: The Effects Of "Bracket Creep" On Household Incomes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 37-62, March.
- Olivier Bargain & Kristian Orsini & Andreas Peichl, 2014.
"Comparing Labor Supply Elasticities in Europe and the United States: New Results,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 49(3), pages 723-838.
- Olivier Bargain & Kristian Orsini & Andreas Peichl, 2014. "Comparing Labor Supply Elasticities in Europe and the United States: New Results," Post-Print hal-01463097, HAL.
- Holly Sutherland & Francesco Figari, 2013.
"EUROMOD: the European Union tax-benefit microsimulation model,"
International Journal of Microsimulation,
International Microsimulation Association, vol. 1(6), pages 4-26.
- Sutherland, Holly & Figari, Francesco, 2013. "EUROMOD: the European Union tax-benefit microsimulation model," EUROMOD Working Papers EM8/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Isabelle Joumard & Mauro Pisu & Debbie Bloch, 2012. "Tackling income inequality: The role of taxes and transfers," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2012(1), pages 37-70.
More about this item
Keywordspersonal income taxation; income distribution; nonlinear smooth tax tariff; microsimulation;
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .