- An Alternative Theory Of Health Care Decision Making
Starting from a finite or countable set of states of health, and assuming the existence of an objective transitive preference relation on that set, we propose a way of performing interpersonal comparisons of states of health among individuals of different type. Then, a way of evaluating health streams for an individual is proposed. Finally, we rationalize a way of ranking alternative situations (life histories in terms of health) for a given group of individuals. Our approach is both Type-sensitive and Time-sensitive.
|Date of creation:||Jul 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loomes, Graham & McKenzie, Lynda, 1989. "The use of QALYs in health care decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 299-308, January.
- Carmen Herrero Blanco & José Luis Pinto, 1998.
"- Comparision And Evaluation Of States Of Health,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1998-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1995.
"Capabilities And Utilities,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1995-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & GEVERS, Louis, .
"Equity and the informational basis of collective choice,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-350, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Gevers, Louis, 1977. "Equity and the Informational Basis of Collective Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 199-209, June.
- Roemer, J.E., 1992. "A Pragmatic Theory of Responsibility for the Egalitarian Planner," Papers 391, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:1998-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.