Dynamic Modeling of Agroforestry and Soil Fertility Interactions: Implications for Multi-Disciplinary Research Policy
This paper attempts to contribute to one of the major aspects of international research agenda in agroforestry. A general framework is developed in this paper to capture the dynamic interactions of various components of agroforestry system. Using a multi-seasonal model of agroforestry, the competition among the system components in resource and input use and the trade-offs between different outputs of agroforestry system are analyzed. Policy implications for multi-disciplinary research are derived. It is argued that quantifying the potential benefits of agroforestry system requires reformulation of existing economic methods of analyzing agroforestry technology to contribute to the fuller understanding of the dynamic interactions among its various components.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Agricultural Economics 1995, vol. 13, pp. 125-135|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ehui, S. K. & Kang, B. T. & Spencer, D. S. C., 1990. "Economic analysis of soil erosion effects in alley cropping, no-till and bush fallow systems in South Western Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 349-368.
- Lanzer, Edgar A. & Paris, Quirino & Williams, William A., 1987. "A Nonsubstitution Dynamic Model for Optimal Fertilizer Recommendations," Monographs, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation, number 11938.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:5008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.