Income mobility, unemployment and GDP
This paper attempts to identify macroeconomic factors of income mobility. Explored is the relationship between biannual relative income mobility, the relative change in the unemployment rate and the relative change in GDP. A theoretical model is proposed which provides an explanation of the nature of this relationship. It is then verified using household budget data from the CHER database.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2003|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2003|
|Publication status:||Published in EMERGO - Journal of Transforming Economies and Societies, 2003, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 32-43|
|Note:||Revised June 2003, October 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 11, Porte des Sciences, L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg|
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schiller, Bradley R, 1977. "Relative Earnings Mobility in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 926-41, December.
- Hauser, Richard & Fabig, Holger, 1999. "Labor Earnings and Household Income Mobility in Reunified Germany: A Comparison of the Eastern and Western States," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 45(3), pages 303-24, September.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Björklund, Anders & Jäntti, Markus & Palme, Mårten & Pedersen, Peder & Smith, Nina & Wennemo, Tom, 1996.
"Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
98, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Aug 2002.
- Aaberge, Rolf, et al, 2002. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(4), pages 443-69, December.
- Rolf Aaberge & Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti & Mårten Palme & Peder J. Pedersen & Nina Smith & Tom Wennemo, 1996. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," Discussion Papers 168, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Olga CantÃ›-SÂ·nchez, .
"Income mobility in Spain: How much is there,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Jarvis, Sarah & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1998. "How Much Income Mobility Is There in Britain?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 428-43, March.
- Moshe Buchinsky & Jennifer Hunt, 1996.
"Wage Mobility in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
5455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lillard, Lee A & Willis, Robert J, 1978.
"Dynamic Aspects of Earning Mobility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 985-1012, September.
- Brunon Górecki & Karol Kuhl, 2002. "Income Mobility Factors in Transforming Economies," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 7.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:iriswp:2003-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.