Whatever works: uncertainty and technological hybrids in medical innovation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barberá-Tomás, David & Consoli, Davide, 2012. "Whatever works: Uncertainty and technological hybrids in medical innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(5), pages 932-948.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Baumann & Nils Stieglitz, 2011. "Motivating Organizational Search," DRUID Working Papers 11-08, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Alegre-Vidal, Joaquin & Lapiedra-Alcami, Rafael & Chiva-Gomez, Ricardo, 2004. "Linking operations strategy and product innovation: an empirical study of Spanish ceramic tile producers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 829-839, July.
- Bruneel, Johan & D'Este, Pablo & Salter, Ammon, 2010. "Investigating the factors that diminish the barriers to university-industry collaboration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 858-868, September.
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Frans A. J. Van Den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2006.
"Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, and Performance: Effects of Organizational Antecedents and Environmental Moderators,"
INFORMS, vol. 52(11), pages 1661-1674, November.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2006. "Exploratory Innovation, Exploitative Innovation, and Performance: Effects of Organizational Antecedents and Environmental Moderators," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-038-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Gilsing, Victor & Nooteboom, Bart, 2006. "Exploration and exploitation in innovation systems: The case of pharmaceutical biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Romijn, Henny & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2002. "Determinants of innovation capability in small electronics and software firms in southeast England," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1053-1067, September.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Tobias Schmidt, 2010.
"Absorptive capacity-one size fits all? A firm-level analysis of absorptive capacity for different kinds of knowledge,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 1-18.
- Schmidt, Tobias, 2005. "Absorptive Capacity: One Size Fits All? Firm-level Analysis of Absorptive Capacity for Different Kinds of Knowledge," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-72, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Tobias Schmidt, 2005. "Absorptive Capacity – One Size Fits All? A Firm-level Analysis of Absorptive Capacity for Different Kinds of Knowledge," Industrial Organization 0510010, EconWPA.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2005. "Managing Potential and Realized Absorptive Capacity: How do Organizational Antecedents matter?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-025-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Miotti, Luis & Sachwald, Frederique, 2003. "Co-operative R&D: why and with whom?: An integrated framework of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1481-1499, September.
- Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2006. "Investigating the sources of process innovation among UK manufacturing firms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 653-682, August.
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler & Eckhard Lichtenthaler, 2009. "A Capability-Based Framework for Open Innovation: Complementing Absorptive Capacity," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(8), pages 1315-1338, December.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Chiara Franco & Sandro Montresor, 2011.
"The potential face of absorptive capacity. An empirical investigation for an area of 3 European countries,"
2011R08, Orkestra - Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Chiara Franco & Alberto Marzucchi & Sandro Montresor, 2011. "The "potential" face of absorptive capacity. An empirical investigation for an area of 3 European countries," Openloc Working Papers 1106, Public policies and local development.
- Tsai, Kuen-Hung, 2009. "Collaborative networks and product innovation performance: Toward a contingency perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 765-778, June.
- Flor, M. L. & Oltra, M. J., 2004. "Identification of innovating firms through technological innovation indicators: an application to the Spanish ceramic tile industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 323-336, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivlev, Ilya & Vacek, Jakub & Kneppo, Peter, 2015. "Multi-criteria decision analysis for supporting the selection of medical devices under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(1), pages 216-228.
- Ronnie Ramlogan & Davide Consoli, 2014. "Dynamics of collaborative research medicine: the case of glaucoma," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 544-566, August.
- Thune, Taran & Mina, Andrea, 2016. "Hospitals as innovators in the health-care system: A literature review and research agenda," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1545-1557.
More about this item
KeywordsMedical innovation; Hybridization; Uncertainty; Technological evolution; Implantable medical devices;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-03-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INO-2012-03-08 (Innovation)
- NEP-PPM-2012-03-08 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ing:wpaper:201112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (François Perruchas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ingenes.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .