Wage inequality in Indian manufacturing: Is it trade, technology or labour regulations?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2008. "Wage Inequality in Indian Manufacturing - Is it Trade, Technology or Labour Regulations?," Labor Economics Working Papers 22361, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan & Srijit Mishra & B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2008.
"An Alternative Approach to Measure HDI,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22403, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Srijit Mishra & Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan & B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2009. "An Alternative Approach to Measure HDI," Working Papers id:2069, eSocialSciences.
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan & Srijit Mishra & B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2008. "An Alternative approach to measure HDI," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Subramanian, S., 2004. "A Re-scaled Version of the Foster-Greer-Thorbecke Poverty Indices based on an Association with the Minkowski Distance Function," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Srijit Mishra, 2005. "Secluded and Proximate Illiteracy: Comparing Situations," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, pages 231-240.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:indcch:v:26:y:2017:i:4:p:555-570. is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011.
"Economic Liberalization and Indian Economic Growth: What's the Evidence?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 1152-1199.
- Ashkok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011. "Economic liberalization and Indian economic growth: What's the evidence?," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-13, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Ranis, Gustav, 2012. "Labor Surplus Revisited," Working Papers 107, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Adriana Peluffo, 2015.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Productivity, Demand for Skilled Labour and Wage Inequality: An Analysis of Uruguay,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 962-983.
- Adriana Peluffo, 2013. "Foreign direct investment, productivity, demand for skilled labour and wage inequality: an analysis for Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 13-02, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Goldar, Bishwanath. & Sadhukhan, Amit., 2015. "Employment and wages in Indian manufacturing : post-reform performance," ILO Working Papers 994881323402676, International Labour Organization.
- Chatterji, Monojit & Choudhury, Homagni, 2010.
"The Changing Inter-Industry Wage Structure of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India, 1973-74 to 2003-04,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-89, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Monojit Chatterji & Homagni Choudhury, 2010. "The Changing Inter-Industry Wage Structure of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India, 1973-74 to 2003-04," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 244, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:488132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wan, Guanghua & Lu, Ming & Chen, Zhao, 2004.
"Globalization and Regional Income Inequality: Evidence from within China,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Vinoj Abraham, 2010. "The Effect of Information Technology on Wage Inequality: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers id:3180, eSocialSciences.
- Guanghua Wan & Ming Lu & Zhao Chen, 2005. "Globalization and Regional Income Inequality--Evidence from within China," Econometrics 0511014, EconWPA.
- Gustav Ranis, 2012. "Labor Surplus Revisited," Working Papers 1016, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
More about this item
Keywordswages inequality; skill technological change labour manufacturing;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-02-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2009-02-22 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2008-021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .