Wage Inequality in Indian Manufacturing - Is it Trade, Technology or Labour Regulations?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2008. "Wage inequality in Indian manufacturing: Is it trade, technology or labour regulations?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-021, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Brown, James, 1989. "Farm-nonfarm linkages in rural sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1173-1201, August.
- Hazell, P. B. R. & Roell, Ailsa, 1983. "Rural growth linkages: household expenditure patterns in Malaysia and Nigeria," Research reports 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Berdegue, Julio A. & Ramirez, Eduardo & Reardon, Thomas & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Chile," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 411-425, March.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 455-465, March.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Activities and Poverty in the Brazilian Northeast," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 509-528, March.
- Corral, Leonardo & Reardon, Thomas, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Incomes in Nicaragua," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 427-442, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011.
"Economic Liberalization and Indian Economic Growth: What's the Evidence?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1152-1199, December.
- Ashkok Kotwal & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2011. "Economic liberalization and Indian economic growth: What's the evidence?," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-13, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Adriana Peluffo, 2015.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Productivity, Demand for Skilled Labour and Wage Inequality: An Analysis of Uruguay,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(6), pages 962-983, June.
- Adriana Peluffo, 2013. "Foreign direct investment, productivity, demand for skilled labour and wage inequality: an analysis for Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 13-02, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Chatterji, Monojit & Choudhury, Homagni, 2010.
"The Changing Inter-Industry Wage Structure of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India, 1973-74 to 2003-04,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-89, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Monojit Chatterji & Homagni Choudhury, 2010. "The Changing Inter-Industry Wage Structure of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India, 1973-74 to 2003-04," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 244, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Vinoj Abraham, 2010. "The Effect of Information Technology on Wage Inequality: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers id:3180, eSocialSciences.
- repec:oup:indcch:v:26:y:2017:i:4:p:555-570. is not listed on IDEAS
- Ranis, Gustav, 2012. "Labor Surplus Revisited," Working Papers 107, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Goldar, Bishwanath. & Sadhukhan, Amit., 2015. "Employment and wages in Indian manufacturing : post-reform performance," ILO Working Papers 994881323402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:488132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gustav Ranis, 2012. "Labor Surplus Revisited," Working Papers 1016, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
More about this item
Keywordswages inequality; skill technological change labour manufacturing;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:laborw:22361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.