Financialisation in a comparative static, stock-flow consistent Post-Kaleckian distribution and growth model
Into an analytical stock-flow consistent Post-Kaleckian distribution and growth model the following transmission channels of 'financialisaton' are integrated. 1. 'Financialisation' is assumed to affect distribution between firms and rentiers in the short run, and distribution between capital and labour through a dividend-elastic mark-up in firms' price setting in the medium run. 2. Firms' investment is affected through a 'management's preference channel' and an 'internal means of finance channel'. 3. Consumption is influenced via distribution of dividends in the short run and via a reduction in the labour income share in the medium run. In the model the total effect of 'financialisation' is derived, the development of firms' outside finance-capital ratio is endogenised, and the medium-run stability and viability of the financial structure and of capital accumulation is checked.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 211 7778 234
Fax: +49 211 7778 4234
Web page: http://www.imk-boeckler.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Skott & Soon Ryoo, 2008.
"Macroeconomic implications of financialisation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 32(6), pages 827-862, November.
- Till van Treeck, 2007.
"Reconsidering the Investment-Profit Nexus in Finance-Led Economies: an ARDL-Based Approach,"
IMK Working Paper
01-2007, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Till van Treeck, 2008. "Reconsidering The Investment-Profit Nexus In Finance-Led Economies: An Ardl-Based Approach," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 371-404, 07.
- Lavoie, M., 1993.
"Interest Rates in Post-Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution,"
9314e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Marc Lavoie, 1995. "Interest Rates In Post-Keynesian Models Of Growth And Distribution," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 146-177, 06.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004.
"Financialisation and the slowdown of accumulation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 719-741, September.
- Petra Dünhaupt & Eckhard Hein & Till van Treeck, 2007. "Finanzsystem und wirtschaftliche Entwicklung: Tendenzen in den USA und in Deutschland aus makroökonomischer Perspektive," IMK Studies 05-2007, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eckhard Hein, 2010.
"Shareholder Value Orientation, Distribution And Growth-Short- And Medium-Run Effects In A Kaleckian Model,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 302-332, 05.
- Eckhard Hein, 2008. "Shareholder value orientation, distribution and growth – short- and medium-run effects in a Kaleckian model," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp120, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Craig Medlen, 2003. "The trouble with Q," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 25(4), pages 693-698, July.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2007.
"Financialization and Capital Accumulation in the Non-Financial Corporate Sector,"
wp149, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ozgür Orhangazi, 2008. "Financialisation and capital accumulation in the non-financial corporate sector:," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(6), pages 863-886, November.
- James R. Crotty, 1990. "Owner-Manager Conflict and Financial Theories of Investment Instability: A Critical Assessment of Keynes, Tobin, and Minsky," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 12(4), pages 519-542, July.
- Eckhard Hein & Till van Treeck, 2008. "'Financialisation' in Post-Keynesian models of distribution and growth - a systematic review," IMK Working Paper 10-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-93, December.
- Amitava Krishna Dutt, 2006. "Maturity, Stagnation And Consumer Debt: A Steindlian Approach," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 339-364, 07.
- Amit Bhaduri & Kazimierz Laski & Martin Riese, 2006. "A Model Of Interaction Between The Virtual And The Real Economy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 412-427, 07.
- Thomas I. Palley, 1994. "Debt, Aggregate Demand, and the Business Cycle: An Analysis in the Spirit of Kaldor and Minsky," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(3), pages 371-390, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imk:wpaper:21-2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Nemitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.