About the Right Weight of the Social Welfare Function when Needs Differ
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Trannoy, Alain, 2003. "About the right weights of the social welfare function when needs differ," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 383-387, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ebert, Udo, 1997. "Social Welfare When Needs Differ: An Axiomatic Approach," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(254), pages 233-244, May.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1991. "Household equivalence scales and the measurement of inequality : Transfers from the poor to the rich could decrease inequality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 211-216, March.
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1989. "Family size and social utility : Income distribution dominance criteria," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 67-80, September.
- Udo Ebert, 1999. "Using equivalent income of equivalent adults to rank income distributions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(2), pages 233-258.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huiru Zhao & Sen Guo & Qi Zhang & Chunjie Li, 2014. "Social Welfare Evaluation of Electric Universal Service in China: From the Perspective of Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Leroux, Justin, 2016. "Accounting for Needs in Cost Sharing," MPRA Paper 73434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony Shorrocks, 2004. "Inequality and welfare evaluation of heterogeneous income distributions," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 2(3), pages 193-218, July.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Hagneré, Cyrille & Trannoy, Alain, 2014.
"Welfare comparisons of income distributions and family size: An individualistic approach,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, pages 12-27.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Cyrille Hagneré & Alain Trannoy, 2014. "Welfare comparisons of income distributions and family size: An individualistic approach," Post-Print hal-01474426, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordssocial welfare; equivalence scale; weights; anonymity; indirect utility function;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iep:wpidep:0304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/greqafr.html .