Intellectual Property Rights Protection and the Location of Research and Development Activities by Multinational Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1994.
"No Place Like Home: Tax Incentives and the Location of R&D by American Multinationals,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 8, pages 65-104
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1993. "No Place Like Home: Tax Incentives and the Location of R&D by American Multinationals," NBER Working Papers 4574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-432, June.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996.
"Intellectual property protection, market orientation and location of overseas R&D activities by multinational enterprises,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 673-688, April.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1995. "Intellectual Property Protection, Market Orientation and Location of Overseas R&D Activities by Multinational Enterprises," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 01, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Saqib, Mohammed, 1996. "Firm size, opportunities for adaptation and in-house R & D activity in developing countries: the case of Indian manufacturing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 713-722, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shimizutani, Satoshi & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2008.
"What determines overseas R&D activities? The case of Japanese multinational firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 530-544, April.
- SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi & TODO Yasuyuki, 2007. "What Determines Overseas R&D Activities? The Case of Japanese Multinational Firms," Discussion papers 07010, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- RenÃƒÂ© Belderbos, 2006. "R&D Activities in East Asia by Japanese, European, and US Multinationals," Microeconomics Working Papers 21887, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Keith E. Maskus, 2015. "Intellectual property in a globalizing world: issues for economic research," Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 231-250, September.
- Martínez-Noya, Andrea & García-Canal, Esteban, 2011. "Technological capabilities and the decision to outsource/outsource offshore R&D services," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 264-277, June.
- de Faria, Pedro & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2010. "Knowledge protection strategies of multinational firms--A cross-country comparison," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 956-968, September.
- SUZUKI Shinya & Rene BELDERBOS & KWON Hyeog Ug & FUKAO Kyoji, 2012. "The Impact of Host Countries' University Research and University-Industry Collaboration on the Location of Research and Development: Evidence from Japanese multinational firms," Discussion papers 12080, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; multinational firms; Foreign Direct Investment;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2006-07-15 (Innovation)
- NEP-INT-2006-07-15 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d06-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.