Intellectual Property Rights Protection and the Location of Research and Development Activities by Multinational Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1994.
"No Place Like Home: Tax Incentives and the Location of R&D by American Multinationals,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 8, pages 65-104
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1993. "No Place Like Home: Tax Incentives and the Location of R&D by American Multinationals," NBER Working Papers 4574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-432, June.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996.
"Intellectual property protection, market orientation and location of overseas R&D activities by multinational enterprises,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 673-688, April.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1995. "Intellectual Property Protection, Market Orientation and Location of Overseas R&D Activities by Multinational Enterprises," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 01, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Saqib, Mohammed, 1996. "Firm size, opportunities for adaptation and in-house R & D activity in developing countries: the case of Indian manufacturing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 713-722, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shimizutani, Satoshi & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2008.
"What determines overseas R&D activities? The case of Japanese multinational firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 530-544, April.
- SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi & TODO Yasuyuki, 2007. "What Determines Overseas R&D Activities? The Case of Japanese Multinational Firms," Discussion papers 07010, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- RenÃƒÂ© Belderbos, 2006. "R&D Activities in East Asia by Japanese, European, and US Multinationals," Microeconomics Working Papers 21887, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Martínez-Noya, Andrea & García-Canal, Esteban, 2011. "Technological capabilities and the decision to outsource/outsource offshore R&D services," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 264-277, June.
- de Faria, Pedro & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2010. "Knowledge protection strategies of multinational firms--A cross-country comparison," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 956-968, September.
- SUZUKI Shinya & Rene BELDERBOS & KWON Hyeog Ug & FUKAO Kyoji, 2012. "The Impact of Host Countries' University Research and University-Industry Collaboration on the Location of Research and Development: Evidence from Japanese multinational firms," Discussion papers 12080, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; multinational firms; Foreign Direct Investment;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2006-07-15 (Innovation)
- NEP-INT-2006-07-15 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d06-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .