Why do Some Studies Show that Generous Unemployment Benefits Increase Unemployment Rates? A Meta-Analysis of Cross-Country Studies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yu-Fu Chen & Dennis Snower & Gylfi Zoega, 2003.
"Labour-market Institutions and Macroeconomic Shocks,"
CEIS, vol. 17(2), pages 247-270, June.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Dennis Snower & Gylfi Zoega, 2001. "Labour Market Institutions and Macroeconomic Shocks," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 123, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Chen, Yu-Fu & Snower, Dennis J. & Zoega, Gylfi, 2002. "Labour Market Institutions and Macroeconomic Shocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 3480, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Yu-Fu & Snower, Dennis J. & Zoega, Gylfi, 2002. "Labour-Market Institutions and Macroeconomic Shocks," IZA Discussion Papers 539, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsmeta-analysis; cross-country study; unemployment; benefits replacement rate; benefit duration;
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2011_0018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .