Post Mortem Reputation, Compensatory Gifts and Equal Bequests
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lundholm, Michael & Ohlsson, Henry, 2000. "Post mortem reputation, compensatory gifts and equal bequests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 165-171, August.
- Lundholm, M. & Ohlsson, H., 1999. "Post Mortem Reputation, Compensatory Gifts and Equal Bequests," Papers 1999:3, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Lundholm, Michael & Ohlsson, Henry, 1999. "Post Mortem Reputation, Compensatory Gifts and Equal Bequests," Working Paper Series 1999:3, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 1996.
"Bequests as a Heir "Discipline Device.","
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 9(4), pages 405-414, November.
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIAU, Pierre, 1993. "Bequests as a heir : "Discipline device"," CORE Discussion Papers 1993041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, H. & Pestieau, P., 1996. "Bequests as a heir ``discipline device''," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1239, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stark, Oded, 1998.
"Equal bequests and parental altruism: compatibility or orthogonality?,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 167-171, August.
- Oded Stark, 1988. "Equal Bequests and Parental Altruism: Compatibility or Orthogonality?," Departmental Working Papers _089, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Stark, Oded, 1998. "Equal Bequests and Parental Altruism: Compatibility or Orthogonality?," Economics Series 54, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Dunn, Thomas A. & Phillips, John W., 1997. "The timing and division of parental transfers to children," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 135-137, February.
- Wilhelm, Mark O, 1996.
"Bequest Behavior and the Effect of Heirs' Earnings: Testing the Altruistic Model of Bequests,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 874-892, September.
- Wilhelm, M.O., 1990. "Bequest Behavior And The Effect Of Heirs' Earnings: Testing The Altruistic Model Of Bequests," Papers 9-90-12, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Tomes, Nigel, 1981. "The Family, Inheritance, and the Intergenerational Transmission of Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 928-958, October.
- Laitner, John, 1993. "Intergenerational and interhousehold economic links," Handbook of Population and Family Economics,in: M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), Handbook of Population and Family Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 189-238 Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsAltruism; bequests; inheritance; gifts; equal division; post mortem reputation; social norm; information.;
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:1999_0001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.