Genèse Et Évolutions D'Une Innovation : La Méthode Abc
ABC method is an innovation born in the years 1987-1988, as a result of the parallel actions of the Harvard and CAM-I networks. The development of the infrastructure and the communication strategies are the determining elements for the diffusion of ABC. After 1992 the two networks brake up and later, in the late 1990s, ABC enters a phase of maturity: it spreads very slowly and fails to raise interest. Because of these two factors, from then on the method is submitted to a differentiation strategy. This leads to the appearance of three derived methods (time driven ABC, feature costing and MBM), each of them being developed by one of the members of the original ABC networks, in co-operation with consultants. In our opinion, the emergence, diffusion and evolutions of the ABC follow primarily a marketing logic.
|Date of creation:||27 May 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in La place de la dimension européenne dans la Comptabilité Contrôle Audit, May 2009, Strasbourg, France. pp.CD ROM, 2009|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00460128|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lukka, Kari & Granlund, Markus, 2002. "The fragmented communication structure within the accounting academia: the case of activity-based costing research genres," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 165-190.
- Van de Ven, Andrew R., 1986. "Central Problems in the Management of Innovation," Agricultural Research Policy Seminar 139708, University of Minnesota Extension.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1994. "Economie de l'innovation dans les services," Post-Print hal-01111989, HAL.
- Malmi, Teemu, 1999. "Activity-based costing diffusion across organizations: an exploratory empirical analysis of Finnish firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 649-672, November.
- Gosselin, Maurice, 1997. "The effect of strategy and organizational structure on the adoption and implementation of activity-based costing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 105-122, February.
- P.-L. Dubois & A. Jolibert, 2005. "Le marketing," Post-Print halshs-00095259, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12245 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1094 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carmona, Salvador & Gutiérrez, Isabel, 2003. "Vogues in management accounting research," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 213-231, June.
- Colwyn Jones, T. & Dugdale, David, 2002. "The ABC bandwagon and the juggernaut of modernity," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 121-163.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00460128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.