Technical efficiency of Vietnamese manufacturing firms: do FDI spillovers matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian J. Aitken & Ann E. Harrison, 2022.
"Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Globalization, Firms, and Workers, chapter 6, pages 139-152,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Anwar, Sajid & Nguyen, Lan Phi, 2014. "Is foreign direct investment productive? A case study of the regions of Vietnam," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1376-1387.
- Dhanora, Madan & Sharma, Ruchi & Khachoo, Qayoom, 2018. "Non-linear impact of product and process innovations on market power: A theoretical and empirical investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 67-77.
- Nguyen Ba Trung & Taise Kaizoji, 2017. "Investment climate and firm productivity: an application to Vietnamese manufacturing firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(44), pages 4394-4409, September.
- Ramstetter, Eric D. & Ngoc, Phan Minh, 2013.
"Productivity, ownership, and producer concentration in transition: Further evidence from Vietnamese manufacturing,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 28-42.
- Eric D. Ramstetter & Phan Minh Ngoc, 2011. "Productivity Ownership and Producer Concentration in Transition: Further Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing," ESRI Discussion paper series 278, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Juan Alcácer & Mercedes Delgado, 2016. "Spatial Organization of Firms and Location Choices Through the Value Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(11), pages 3213-3234, November.
- Newman, Carol & Rand, John & Talbot, Theodore & Tarp, Finn, 2015. "Technology transfers, foreign investment and productivity spillovers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 168-187.
- Yi Zhang, 2019. "Institutions, Firm Characteristics, and FDI Spillovers," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(5), pages 1109-1136, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ni, Bin & Spatareanu, Mariana & Manole, Vlad & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Yamada, Hiroyuki, 2017. "The origin of FDI and domestic firms’ productivity—Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 56-76.
- Bin Ni & Hayato Kato, 2020.
"Do vertical spillovers differ by investors’ productivity? Theory and evidence from Vietnam,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 1046-1072, August.
- Bin Ni & Hayato Kato, 2020. "Do vertical spillovers differ by investors' productivity?Theory and evidence from Vietnam," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 20-05, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Ni, Bin & Kato, Hayato, 2020. "Do Vertical Spillovers Differ by Investors' Productivity? Theory and Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 99958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ni, Bin & Kato, Hayato, 2020. "Do Vertical Spillovers Differ by Investors' Productivity? Theory and Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 99304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Kyburz, Huong Quynh Nguyen, 2017. "Does Proximity to Foreign Invested Firms Stimulate Productivity Growth of Domestic Firms? Firmlevel Evidence from Vietnam," Diskussionsschriften credresearchpaper16, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft - CRED.
- Nguyen, Huong, 2016. "Does Proximity to Foreign Invested Firms Stimulate Productivity Growth of Domestic Firms? Firm-level Evidence from Vietnam," Papers 1001, World Trade Institute.
- Bournakis, Ioannis & Papanastassiou, Marina & Papaioannou, Sotiris, 2020. "Multinationals and Domestic TFP: Market Shares, Agglomerations Gains and Foreign Ownership," MPRA Paper 106626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lilik Sugiharti & Mohammad Zeqi Yasin & Rudi Purwono & Miguel Angel Esquivias & Deasy Pane, 2022. "The FDI Spillover Effect on the Efficiency and Productivity of Manufacturing Firms: Its Implication on Open Innovation," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 8(2), pages 1-20, June.
- Hu, Yong & Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Su, Baozhong, 2020. "Technological spillover through industrial and regional linkages: Firm-level evidence from China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 523-545.
- Dyah Wulan Sari & Noor Aini Khalifah & Suyanto Suyanto, 2016. "The spillover effects of foreign direct investment on the firms’ productivity performances," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 199-233, December.
- Suyanto & Salim, Ruhul A. & Bloch, Harry, 2009. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Lead to Productivity Spillovers? Firm Level Evidence from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1861-1876, December.
- repec:use:tkiwps:3232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hui Wang & Huifang Liu, 2017. "An Empirical Research of FDI Spillovers and Financial Development Threshold Effects in Different Regions of China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(6), pages 1-21, June.
- Czesława Pilarska, 2018. "Efekty zewnętrzne bezpośrednich inwestycji zagranicznych z perspektywy kraju goszczącego," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 4, pages 93-124.
- Hanousek, Jan & Kočenda, Evžen & Mašika, Michal, 2012.
"Firm efficiency: Domestic owners, coalitions, and FDI,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 471-486.
- Evzen Kocenda & Jan Hanousek & Michal Masika, 2011. "Financial Efficiency and the Ownership of Czech Firms," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1016, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Michal Masika, 2012. "Firm Efficiency: Domestic Owners, Coalitions, and FDI," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp456, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Jan Hanousek & Evžen Kočenda & Michal Mašika, 2011. "Financial Efficiency and the Ownership of Czech Firms," Working Papers 300, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"Investigating the influence of firm characteristics on the ability to exercise market power: A stochastic frontier analysis approach with an application to the iron ore market,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
14-105, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014. "Investigating the Influence of Firm Characteristics on the Ability to Exercise Market Power - A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach with an Application to the Iron Ore Market," EWI Working Papers 2014-17, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Mercer-Blackman,Valerie Anne & Xiang,Wei & Khan,Fahad, 2021. "Understanding FDI Spillovers in the presence of GVCs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9645, The World Bank.
- Paitoon Wiboonchutikula & Chayanon Phucharoen & Nuchit Pruektanakul, 2016. "Spillover Effects Of Foreign Direct Investment On Domestic Manufacturing Firms In Thailand," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(02), pages 1-32, June.
- De Jonghe, Olivier & Vennet, Rudi Vander, 2008.
"Competition versus efficiency: What drives franchise values in European banking?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1820-1835, September.
- O. De Jonghe & R. Vander Vennet, 2007. "Competition versus Efficiency: What drives franchise values in European banking?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/491, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Sara L. McGaughey & Pascalis Raimondos & Lisbeth La Cour, 2018.
"What is a Foreign Firm? Implications for Productivity Spillovers,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- La Cour, Lisbeth & McGaughey, Sara & Raimondos, Pascalis, 2018. "What is a foreign firm? Implications for productivity spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 12978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kannyiri Banyen & Nicholas Biekpe, 2020. "Financial integration, competition and bank efficiency: evidence from Africa’s sub-regional markets," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 495-518, November.
- Adnan Kasman & Canan Yildirim, 2006. "Cost and profit efficiencies in transition banking: the case of new EU members," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1079-1090.
- Suyanto & Harry Bloch & Ruhul A. Salim, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment Spillovers and Productivity Growth in Indonesian Garment and Electronics Manufacturing," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 1397-1411, October.
More about this item
KeywordsForward and horizontal linkage; Vietnam.; Foreign direct investment; Backward; Meta translog inefficiency; Meta-frontier framework;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2021-03-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2021-03-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2021-03-08 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2021-03-08 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2021-03-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-03145499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.